why only lakers?

So ive launched out of lodi yesterday and today.  i covered from 90ft out to 500ft of water and all depths in between and the only fish im contacting are lakers.  this morning i launched and trolled south almost to the glen on the east side.  i ran 2 rigges at 55 and 65 my dipsy out at 240 on 3 setting and a 10 color leadcore down the middle . ran flasher flies off dipsey and spoons off riggers and leadcore.  i caught only 2 lakers and 1 small bow.  i fish lake o alot and can usually do well but everytime i go to seneca i struggle   anyone have any suggetions on why the browns good bows and LLs avoid me?  any info would be appreciated  thank you in advance

That's exactly what I was thinking...2.2 to 2.6 gps speed?  This morning I was on a south troll and had to bump it up to 3.1 gps to give me 2.2 @ the ball.  Also your 65 ft rigger was a bit deep for silver fish.  I did well with 52 and 57....they were hitting cheaters off them as well so that tells me 65 would be more down in lakerville.  At 240 out your dipsy is also down in lakerville.  Try 130 to 170...maybe start at 130 and let a little out once in a while till you find the sweet spot.  Stay with your feet of water program zig zagging.  Best of luck.....oh by the way...... Lady Seneca can very stingy some days.

Might want to try downsriggers and dipseys with just small/medium spoons set from 35 to 65 ft. over 75-160ft.  to start (middle portions of the lake). Crank up the speed and do a lot of turns with brief slowdowns and speedups. If that doesn't do it try gradually working out deeper in diagonals toward the middle with higher speeds....look for bait along the way. If you find it work that area hard around and round and through. This time of the season the fish are often suspended out over deep water but this year has been strange all along so things may be different. Historically, August on Seneca has been difficult to locate the rainbows and browns because the thermocline can be all over the place with the strong currents on Seneca.

Edited by Sk8man

I have fished from the Lodi launch for the past three days and fished in 4 differnt locations...... today was very good ....... 75% of the fish have come on a north troll direction......5% on a major turn...... 41' and 51' have been the best for rainbows and landlocks.....today the bigger browns liked the 41' rigger........  I've only run one "small" spoon in the past three times out and it took a good bow yesterday....... DW ss size  have worked well and Bob Fuller FLT  I think it his mid size spoon and a few speacial paint jobs he's done for me have taken fish every day......  GPS on top is way differnt than at the ball...........  I go 2.2 to 2.9 at the ball for the other fish and lakers have to like it or leave it..............today I needed a laker and dropped speed at the ball to 1.8 to pick up the laker for the grand slam...... I think the GPS at that time may have been around 2ish............. I have not been past Valois south  or Samson north east side....... Severn south stacks from power plant at Dresden North west side............ 

Good luck and have fun.........

What everyone else said and GO FAST!!! Bows like it fast. Been producing bows and salmon. 35 down with cheaters too. 150 foot coppers and three color cores. Just because the waters warm doesn't mean there isn't feeding fish! Good luck!

Sent from my XT907 using Lake Ontario United mobile app