Seneca Holy Bobby F. FLT spoons !

Seneca

8/3/2013

Just got done cleaning 10 fish for the boys .............they had the game hats on today.....went 10 for 10............ 3 lakers and 7 browns by 10:15am or so...............more info and pictures to come I'm on break............. :P  :lol:

You got it Les it was totaly the best quality  fish day I've had on Seneca..............

Up at 5am coffee made boys up shortly after ...... told them if they want some big fish they have to get up and yesterday made it easy for them........... get down to launch and bs for a bit with Seneca Cheif Chater said we would give each or a heads up ...to a look at some spoons we both had and heated out each to a differnt section of the lake.............  set up out deep and hooked up with a laker on the move in ........ran into weeds cleaned lines went a bit farther up and BAM same rigger 61' down land a 6# brown......... run into more weeds no fleas at all pick up a 16.5 " brown and a 4# brown on a double.............clean some more weeds off...........pick a laker up at 41' ???? in the soup...........clean some more lines off........ Pat just a picking on Andy cause he has the big brown today....... Andy yakking back at him ......funny stuff love the pick'n..............anyway ..... 61'er goes off Andys up.....bib fight big fish..........in the net...... 8 #'s......... now the yakking starts all over againnnnnnnnnnnnn.........LOL......we work this area and talk with SCC....... have 8 fish in the box they both need one more so we leave the area hoping to get a bow and landlock............got the down speed at 2.7 or so 61' rigger go's off Andy is up...... good fighting fish sun beating down hard to see......... I yell it's a sliver fish.........get it in the net and some where along the time I saw the sliver fish it fell off and a laker picked it up............Oh well Andy was done............radio blasted a sever weather warning so we spun the boat around and headed south back in the direction of home..............61' rigger fires again.................. Pat works it in ............ in the net 7# brown........what a day !!!!!!!!!!  pull lines and head in about 10:15ish   and they have their limit.........

Only two spoons took fish today both Bobby Fullers special paint job he did for me ........  I order so many of the same color style he talked me into fixing them up some...............so I asked him for some red dots on top of the black ones and this spoon has been good for some time now............the one that was hot today he did his MoJo to it and it was ON FIRE !!!

Thanks Bob !!!!!!

post-139487-0-49088900-1375549372_thumb.jpg

post-139487-0-99424100-1375549403_thumb.jpg

post-139487-0-70825000-1375549440_thumb.jpg

Bobby spoons

post-139487-0-50689300-1375549474_thumb.jpg

Giving me incentive to get down there instead of switching over to perch fishing :)  Those have gotta be some happy kids....but what do ya do for an encore Ed? ...putting you under pressure :lol:  Les

vicarious  September gives me fits crazy temps , thermocline can go way deep I get my most SKUNKS then pluss the winds pick up, just fleas and weeds a P.I.T.A. now ...... thing warm up again and we'll have another BIG hatch of fleas........

I could not handle the pressure Les could not come up with a grand slam todays in arow............  I told them that was more than enough for anyone that's why we went across looking for some bows and landlock......after they got their limit they didn't say " Hey can't we get yours also"  made me feel good..................anyway they said the have enough fish now to make their mom happy so we'll be playing CPR in the morning ( but I'll keep any landlocks over 17 or 18"..... just taste to good !!!!! ).......

Man those kids don't know how lucky they are to have someone like you to take them out and absolutely CRUSH SENECA!!!  Awesome job Ed!  As the country song goes  " they think there just fishing" It's allot more than that when you have the little people in the  boat!! 

Edited by apb

Man those kids don't know how lucky they are to have someone like you to take them out and absolutely CRUSH SENECA!!!  Awesome job Ed!  As the country song goes  " they think there just fishing" It's allot more than that when you have the little people in the  boat!!

You nailed it boss

Great job ed! You make it sound easy, we all know better. Great to see the results of old fashioned hard work...and time spent with family on the water. Nice report.

Justin

Sent from my N9500 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Yep a lot of time put in looking for the mother-lode and you just never know where it maybe...........time out on the water is priceless and LUCKY choices in tackle or location help a TON....... I always say I would rather be lucky out there any time .......

Just north of Long Point is a number of shoals , my brother Stan usta call them icecream cones...... NASTY bad if your working a conture and its starts coming up on you trun HARD back out in the lake some are so bad you almost have to go back in the other direction to gain some depth...... :P ..... all kidding aside keep a close eye in that area and if you can't hold depth and it keeps coming up don't waste any time bringing your deep rigger up....... west side shaols are worst trolling south but that area is bad in any direction...... just south of the the point is a major shoal that's nasty coming into it on a south troll not as bad heading north.....