Seneca Seneca 8/4/2013

Ok , guess we'll give it up....... I got the timing a tad off but you can get the general idea ..... at the launch 5:45am pulled last line and had every thing ready to head back to lauch at 9:45am ....... kind of a grand slam + the landlocks we got were 8" to 9"ers every thing else a legal size.............

What a suprise to hook up with a BULLHEAD 37' down trolling at 2.5 to 2.7 speed at the ball !!!!!

Seneca 8/4/2013

Up a tad before 5am boys up 10 minutes later , coffee made and got ice ready………..had a cup and asked them if the were ready………… got boat ready and Kingerboy and off we went……  quite a few boat trailer empty already in the lot when we got down there about 5:45am or so………….got ready with three spoons and out we went…….. made a major run to a different area hoping for  a good mix………..set up and started troll north…………after 20 minutes or so 71’ rigger rod goes straight up………I power crank it in the rod holder nothing……… NOT a good sign ……………….  About the same amount of time and it’s throbbing some and Andy jumps on it and lands a laker we shake him off in the water and set up again…………………same deal a bit later and Patrick lands a laker we shake off at the side of the boat…….  51’ rigger goes and after a short fight fish is lost at the surface way back….. not going like I thought so I gave them three choices …….. that said another major move pulled lines fired up big motor and off we went…………….  Set up again and it was a slow steady pick……. Two small just stocked this year landlock ………. Two legal rainbows we shook off at the side of the boat…………a BIG rainbow 23†to 24†we lost in net range by the boat ( just as well they got to enjoy the fight and we never had to touch the fish )… that was pretty much my fault I saw marks at 35' , 51' , 61' and 71' so to cover the 35ish mark I put a slider on the 71' rigger, when the fish hit the slider put up a great fight then with the 6'+ slider line and 8.5' rod he was at the back of the boat jumping around and the bottom spoon slammed the eye kinda of a sudden stop just enough for him to come off. I did warn the boys about that deal I'll take the heat for that one……….. Now we needed a BROWN of all things after we beat up on them yesterday……. What to do  pull up and make another major move or that what Seneca will give us…………..we stayed just moved more south with a pull lines spot picked about two miles down the lake…………..middle rigger goes 37’ down…….. what ???  no it can’t be……………. A brown ………………….BULLHEAD !!!!!!!........ we chat about that for a bit and that rod goes again……. With one of the two small landlock a talked about before just out of place here a tad but any way………………51’ rigger fires……………..  BF chicken feed I think anyway it’s a 4# brown get him in picture and back in the water………at that same time Pat was fighting the brown the 71’ rigger goes off ( third fish on this cheater BF UV alwife ) with one of those rainbows I talked about earlier…….. anyway ended on a double and a grand slam + a BULLHEAD !!!!!!!

Mr. BULLHEAD...

post-139487-0-86736500-1375645844_thumb.jpg

post-139487-0-77038700-1375645783_thumb.jpg

post-139487-0-95493200-1375645713_thumb.jpg

Edited by ERABBIT

Sweet Ed.... quite a weekend...

A long time ago I was fishing two 12 leader therrmocline rigs near Kashong in over 300 ft of water and one of the rods started thumping and I figured I had a "snake" or"hammer handle" Laker on it so I reeled it in and the 3 rd leader down (approx. 45 ft.) I had a humongous bullhead....I couldn't believe my eyes... He hit a Sutton #88 no less. I probably should have asked him if he was lost but I threw him back too quick :lol:

Did pretty well I'd say for newbies to seneca. 20+ fish from 6am to noon. 4 good sized landlocks, 5 rainbows, 2 lakers and a bunch of small shaker landlocks. Caught fish on dispeys leadcore and riggers. Hot spoon was by far michael jackson stinger in both uv and glow. Thanks to erabbit for some help in getting us on fish. Today was a nice substitute for big O fishing.

Sent from my VS910 4G using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Did pretty well I'd say for newbies to seneca. 20+ fish from 6am to noon. 4 good sized landlocks, 5 rainbows, 2 lakers and a bunch of small shaker landlocks. Caught fish on dispeys leadcore and riggers. Hot spoon was by far michael jackson stinger in both uv and glow. Thanks to erabbit for some help in getting us on fish. Today was a nice substitute for big O fishing.

glad it worked out for you and kudo's for following up with a report , you would not beleive how many times it doesn't come back around.....  :shake:

glad it worked out for you and kudo's for following up with a report , you would not beleive how many times it doesn't come back around..... :shake:

One hand washes the other. I appreciate the info.