How old?

Tomb

Checked the cameras today and got this guy.. Not the biggest one out there, but when I started looking closer, I noticed 2 things (I think)..... First off, I am thinking this is a very young deer ( year and a half). It is very narrow in the chest and has a pointy face. Second thing I noticed was the size of the bases. Obviously still in velvet, but if this is a year and a half deer, I think he can be a real stud in a couple years.

What do you think? Year and a half?

not sure why when I upload the picture it saves it as a much smaller file.  The original picture is 2mb, so when you blow it up a bit the resolution is great..  I tried from my ipad and my PC and got the same result.. 

I got this same buck on video in a differnt location.   His behavior and curiosity further confirm my belief that he is younger than you might first think.  In addition, it is neat to see the growth that he experienced over the 9 days since the picture was captured..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvbsfQYMPrQ&feature=c4-overview&list=UUen7FW2SU0DI7eu_h4okHQA

Got this one on video in the same spot... Another good looking young deer. Not sure if they are part of the same bachelor group or not... I am going to try to keep my eye on them...

I have more food plots planted than ever before (about 8 acres) and 118 acres for them to roam (50% of which is pretty thick and nasty), so hoping that if I let them pass, they will stay "safe".

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jZ6i8yMf-V0

• 4 weeks later...

I was guessing 3.5 but im not the best when it comes to estimating age.

we typically dont have monster racks so i guess its possible he is older... heres another picture of him next to a younger buck

Definitely a shooter at our deer camp

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

post-150783-1378927208686_thumb.jpg