King Slammin Olcott 8-6-13 live

Alright fish finally turned on. Boated 4 kings a couple steelies in last hr. hooked into a screamer on 250' wire meat rig as soon as my buddy touched the drag to set it up. 450' run and still fighting. Pearl sd and mtn dew meat rig as well as lazier spook slider

Alright fish finally turned on. Boated 4 kings a couple steelies in last hr. hooked into a screamer on 250' wire meat rig as soon as my buddy touched the drag to set it up. 450' run and still fighting. Pearl sd and mtn dew meat rig as well as lazier spook slider

Date

08/06/2013

H: 79°
L: 58°

Rise: 6:08 AM
Set: 7:49 PM

Rise: 6:02 AM
Set: 7:31 PM
Overhead: 12:50 PM
Underfoot: 12:28 AM

NEW
MOON

Major Times

12:28 AM - 2:28 AM
12:50 PM - 2:50 PM

Minor Times

6:02 AM - 7:02 AM
7:31 PM - 8:31 PM

Edited by Mr. Tangles

I got away from tourney ties because of August King teeth.....check the short segment between hooks as that is the weak link.  Breaks are going to occur when the treble buries in the corner of the mouth and the short segment of leader between hooks lays over the teeth and saws back and forth during battle.  Also make sure to check the eye of the single hook is closed tight and there is no way for the knot to slip into the gap and chaffe.  Knock on wood.....single treble with 4 large protective beads and I have not had a break-off to date. 

I had to tie new leaders after last weekend's break offs on the stock 30# big game Rhys Davies leaders. I haven't been that mad since I lost two 16 lb torpedos in 85Fow near Wilson on something in the water. We were also having a hook up issue on the meat rigs on the wire divers where we would get a lot of "short" hits, hooking less than half the bites we received. I figured the tourney rigs with 50# floro would solve both issues and I'm sold after today. I will definitely keep an eye on the spot you mentioned Gill-t, as I'm always checking leaders and retying a lot.

Way to go King Slammin, Sounds like you had a good day on the water. Just curious? When does your season slow down on the western end of the lake? Things don't really get going on the Eastern end till mid-august and basically drops off around mid-September. Just wondering, maybe someday I'll have the experience of the West end of the lake.

We catch fish all through sept and into oct. I guess it all depends on when the majority have made their way into the creeks. I'm done by early to mid sept due to the incoming bow season, and pulled the boat even earlier last yr due to the low water levels.