Cayuga 8/6/13

Got out with livewire and his neighbors today.  We launched at Long Pt.  fished south of the pt.  Trolled the drop along the 120' line .  Hooked up with a couple of nice lakers on a seneca special spin dr, hammer fly on the dipsie out 300 on a 2 setting.  Picked up a couple of small salmon and lakers on spoons.  Took a look North of the pt and picked up a couple more.  The big suprize was a big bullhead that hit  an R&R spoon on a freeslider.  That rigger was parked at 55', so the slider was down at least 35'   In 250' of water at 2.5 on the fishawk.  No clue what the heck he was doing out there.  Also landed a 1# laker that had 4# of lamperys on him.  One real big one and one small one.

Dave,

Funny you mention the bullhead in that water, as we caught a 10-12 lb catfish 60 ft. down/110 fow, on a Tropical Thunder spoon last year up by Sandy Pond.

We were puzzled as to why he would be there.

Caught my second and third bullhead this year on across the lake from long point on Monday. Funny thing about that is I had 5 young men on board ages 9-11 from my camp and with all the fish we caught the 2 bullhead turned out to be the most useful. The boys are always catching them in the marina but I was unaware no one ever taught them how to take them off the hook. So they worked out to be a nice little teaching tool.post-143159-13758753538094_thumb.jpg