Front bow trolling motor

Depends on what you want it to do for you.

If you are drifting and use it for boat positioning, a 12V system will be fine. But if you want to troll with it, a 24V or higher will serve much better.

Shaft length is important. You don't want the prop coming out of the water a lot in waves. 60in.will work well.

The more add-ons you want, the more expensive. Auto-pilot and remote steering come to mind, as well as linkage to a FF to track bottom contours or depth.

A smart man told me once to get more than you think you will need....sheds, garages, trolling motors fall into that category as well. Probably will not find a 12 volt much bigger than 50-55 lb thrust. I have a 80 lb Terrova and it is by far worth the money. It is a 24 volt motor and will easily last all day with the two batteries. It has even got me off Ontario 4 miles out after the big motor failed to run. If you have the space I would definitely go with a 24 (two battery) system but I can spend other people's money pretty easy. Good luck.

I have a 16 1/2'  deep vee Blue Finn Sportsman, I went with the Minn Kota Terrova also  :yes:  60" shaft, 24 volt, 80# thrust w/ I-Pilot, like Jonboy I too am out ALL day w/ it trolling, jigging, I have my Lowrance elite 5 hooked up to the built in transducer PAR EXCELLENCE !  :yes: I-pilot totally eliminated my fishing partner, (Frank can't keep a boat straight, driving & texting !) he still comes BUT he sits until a rod fires ! :rofl: If your into jigging, the built in "electronic anchor lock" (drift 5' from a selected spot and it returns you to it !) The I-pilot link that Don mentioned above ONLY works with  Humminbird fishfinder and LakeMaster digital GPS maps, which is ONLY available for Michigan ? Minnesota ? But the I-Pilot alone works wonders, point it in the direction you want to go and it doesn't falter, not with waves, wake, wind, fool partners moving around in the boat :wondering:  PLUS it's ALL REMOTE CONTROL !!!!!!!! :party: $1489.99 from Minn Kota, pricey, but I can't say enough nice things about mine !  :inlove:  http://www.minnkotamotors.com/products/trolling_motors/freshwater_bow_mount/terrova.aspx .......I call mine Frank  ;) Stuman your welcome to come aboard and check "Frank" out before you buy if you like

I use a 55 lb thrust MinnKota bowmount on my 16' split windshield Tracker and it works fine. I also use it for jigging lakers, mostly in Keuka in the winter with one battery.Fully charged it  lasts me three or four hours and juice to spare even in pretty .

I'd highly recommend this for your set up. As stated above, you can add a lot of accessories6 but that drives the price up considerably.

I've had mine for 7 seasons and have replaced the foot pedal once, no other problems.

I also have a MinnKota 12v 55lb (Power Drive) and it does everything I can expect from a trolling motor. I use it to counteract the wind to slow my drift or to give me a drift when there is no wind. It spends more days on the water in 20 degree weather than the warm weather for me. It's on my 16 now and spent a few years on my 17 before. I can get a days worth of steady fishing on a charge.

I guess it all depends on how much you're willing to sink into it ($$$). I'm adding autopilot to mine in the near future because its still cheaper for me than dropping a grand on a new one. I'd love to but just can't justify it right now.