ill be fishing the dunes/mexico bay this weekend,ill post sunday nite when i get home.adk 1,i should be up there next friday also,always nice to have someone to work with out there if you want.

ill be fishing the dunes/mexico bay this weekend,ill post sunday nite when i get home.adk 1,i should be up there next friday also,always nice to have someone to work with out there if you want.

I should be out next Friday also provided the wind isn't too bad.

Sent from my LG-VS700 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

That's where I'm headed to Saturday morning as well.

My son and I fished out of Catfish Creek Friday and had a couple of short strikes but just couldn't get them to stick. The weather report was calling for a chance of thunder storms passing through that afternoon so I kept an eye on the sky and we could see the storm to the west but it looked like it was passing behind the power plant. When I noticed that I couldn't see the five stacks anymore I decided to head in. As we were heading in, I noticed the rain was moving towards the creek and when we were about 1000 yards from the entrance, a streak of lightening lit up the shy with an immediate boom. My son quickly lowered the antenna, net and rods in our little tin boat and as we were approaching the creek about 500 yards out, the storm hit us (Or we hit it) The wind picked up and hail the size of large marbles started pelting us. One hit my lip and I sported a fat lip for a couple of hours and here's a picture of the approaching storm and the welts it left on my sons chest from the hail. (Please, no Anthony Weiner jokes, I'm only posting this pic to show the size of the welts from the hail)

Sat & Sun were a wash and it blew real hard preventing us from fishing. I think the strong winds turned the lake over because I was hearing reports of 70 degree water 90' down. About 11:30 on Monday, my youngest caught a small King (8 lbs) down 120' after five short strikes within a half hour. Tuesday afternoon, we finally landed a 24 lb'er and lost two others out in front of the plant between the middle and westerly stacks, down 130' in 215' of water. It's been slow for us but we're learning and they're out there, it should only get better from here on out.

post-151648-0-60740700-1375932555_thumb.jpg

post-151648-0-66007500-1375932736_thumb.jpg

post-151648-0-48859300-1375933381_thumb.jpg

Hey sounds great everyone! What channel will everyone be on? 68 sounds like the main channel up there. I will be in a blue 221 Islander. There is no name on the boat. We will be dropping in using a 24' RV so you wont miss our rig

How's the channel out of the pond? We're renting a house just off of the south pond and have thought about getting a slip on the north instead of trailering to Mexico....but always hear stories about people getting stuck on the radio and just haven't looked into it any further.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

i have a 22 foot walkaround outboard and get through,they just put buoys out last week and dredged the channel,it is shallow,but doable this year cause water is high,from what i hear its a year to year thing.

I'll be headed out of the pond tomorrow.  18' Trophy.  Leaving in the am, hope to fish Saturday afternoon, Sunday and Monday weather permitting.  Will try to provide some live post if I can.  I have a newbie and me on the boat. So I will be running the show.  But that's usually the case anyway just no stepson this weekend who is usually a big help.  I'll be on channel 68.      

The pond has been dredged this spring so should be good. We got four nice kings today in 110 to 140 in from of the pond. By the time u have your trip you can pry start trolling in 90 fow and troll out to find temps or all the boats lol. I counted about 30 in eye sight today

Thanks for the update. Atleast, I'll have a place to start.  I just installed my Fishhawk so it will be interesting to see the temps for once. 

Nice job on the kings. I'll take 4 any day. Flasher/fly?

I talked to Kathy at Greenpoint and she said there are no issues going out from the pond this year.  Don't forget the Lake is up a lot this year.  Last year we used the 9.9 to get out.  I don't know how those guys with the I/O's were getting out.   

Edited by f1sh-0n

Spoons have been doing their fair share of fish too, but flasher flies green dot spin doctor seems consistent, coppers have taken most our fish lately though 400 and 500 ft

How far offshore are you guys to hit 400 fow?

WillyC, if you launch from the usual spot... its 13 miles to 400 feet of water.

Thanx Buddy, I didn't mean to unleash my stupid questions to my superstar... :yes: ......We never made it out that far last time

Sorry You can't be with us this trip, You'll be there in spirit with your gear in proxy... :)