Filling Up Gas Tank

Adk1

My 91 221 Islander takes forever to fill the tank! Meaning, I cant fill it up to quickly because the fuel always backs up into the nozzel and constantly turns the nozzel off. The air/fuel vent is working cause when I am filling I can feel the air coming out..But man, it takes me 15 minutes or better to fill the tank. any thoughts?

Have a Mercury 75 that does the same thing...unless the nozzle is in the sweet spot, you would think my tank is full the way

it blows back the fuel. Rotate the nozzle clockwise and counter clockwise when filling, as well as moving it in and out of the fuel port.

I think the additives and anti foaming agents actually create so much foam and turbulence that it just boils out of the fill port into the nozzle.

YEah, I fill it on the trailer. I have also pulled it out as muc has possible can watc hthe fill line fill up and bubble etc. I have tried with it all the way in and it happens even faster. Have tried it in every position. I have not tried to rotate the nozzel though, I will definatly try that.