Totally Hooked Olcott 8/7 afternoon

Got out for a couple hours this afternoon in between other things I had to do. I wasn't expecting much being the middle of the day. Fished from 2:30 to 5:00 and ended up 3 for 7. Missed some dipsey shots, yanked some hooks out etc etc LOL. Bite was actually better than I expected for that time of day. 42nd spoon took three shots, Carbon 14 took a couple and a white double crush spinny with a hammer fly got ripped twice but just could not land them. Oh we'll case of the dropsies I guess.

post-151112-1375919933129_thumb.jpgpost-151112-13759199520585_thumb.jpg

Yeah she did a great job. The problem is that was a decent fish on a wire diver and it was on a new Saltist reel that I just picked up from Wes. Those drags a pretty smooth and I was screwing with it while she was fighting and um, well --- I may have have tightened it just a bit too much cause she pulled the hooks about 30' from the boat. I didn't even know she knew that many swear words!!! LOL

I try to get out quite a bit and always have the radio on scan, name of my boat (although not getting lettered until September) is Totally Hooked. Feel free to give shout and let me know what channel you want to go to and I am more than happy to share how I am doing. I'm no expert but sometimes I'm into them and sometimes I'm not.