Seneca Seneca 8/8/2013 just before HI noon

Slept in the other day after the boys left....... yesterday looked a tad too lumpy solo ( that made Kingerboy smile )........today at 5:15am it was raining , thunder and that  stuff I don't like one little bit...................so just before noon I couldn't take it anymore so out Kingerboy and I went............had some spoons I dr.er-up  I wanted to try .......  banged a 17" bow one one ...... then I put my OLE  dirty spoon down that I had Bob paint a two years ago and kept outa the water till he painted up a new batch for me...... out deep playing with the depthfinder look back 41' rigger with the dirty spoon on rod straight up....... I get to rod fish is going crazy jumping two or three great jumps.......  I get slack out and it's gone....... that was it got too hot wind switched and dark clouds out of the west ...... raining now as I write this................  If you get out water collum is mixed up surface temp is two or three degrees lower and mixed in with the rest after the blow the other day...... down temp is 10' deeper than last time out.....both sides of the lake............so if you have temp at the ball put it down first ....... looking at 61* at 51' .......55* at 61' some times higher !!!!!!

Thanks for the report Ed. Yesterday Justin and I were at Sampson intending to go real early but it just wasn't worth it with the wind and then it kept getting worse as we waited to see what it would do. Hopefully we'll get another chance sometime. At least  I picked up some good tips on the walleyes :)

Les

I know what your talking about Les , a tad after 5 I put King out on his chain to do his duty ........ got a wind gust as I was on the deck...... then I could hear the waves beating up the shore............came back in and took a look at the wind forcast ....... got the BIG coffee cup out and filled it :lol: ............

Two more thing I saw out there yesterday weeds were not bad ....... and another bloom of fleas is showing up I still have the flea flicker on so no problem ......41' rigger was loaded up just above the ball.........

We did see some weeds near shore at Sampson when we were there the other day on the surface but the way the wind was blowing the probably washed up on shore by the end of the day for sure :) There was also a mudline outabout 150 ft from shore as well because of the wave action.  It seems like the fleas seem to cycle a bit in these lakes. or maybe they are just in  different stretches of the water column than where I happened to fish at the time but last time out on Canandaigua I didn't encounter any at all. In any even they are a pain in the a.. whenever encountered anywhere at any time :lol:

The past three years on Seneca they just seem to not quit , I know there are two types the fish-hook being the worst....... it seems like they are turning into a breed of there own and that is scray...... what next have the little buggers here the whole year !!!!.....  just seem to keep running into pockets of them right into closing camp in October yet on Lake O the are pretty much gone in late August !!!!