Got out camping and boating!

floatfisher

I took the family camping up to Sampson State Park and had a great time!  The park is very nice and clean.  Put the boat in the water on Monday and spent the whole day out with the family.  Just drove it around to see how she runs.  The kids got to drive it for the first time and had a blast.  My girls tried to go tubing but that did not turn out so well, they got scared on their first attempt and that was it. 

I got the boat up to 28 MPH with 5 of us on board, I didnt think that was too bad.  But when I took it out by myself I still didnt get any faster?  While I was out I did notice a couple of things.  First my gas gusge would bounce from like 3/4 to empty so I have no idea how much gas I have on board.  The other thing that caught my attention was the fact that it was very hard to steer to the left but really easy to steer to the right?  I even moved everyone around on the boat to get the weight evenly distributed.  Any thoughts on either of these?

The boat is quite nice, even though it needs updating like carpet or other flooring and minor wood repair.  I was pleased to see how nice it sat in the water.  It sits nice and high.  Already thinking about putting the down riggers on it for next year!!!

I was a little disappointed in the fact that the kids were not as excited as me :) but they are still young and hopefully they will want to get out with me fishing!  And the lake was a little rougher on the other days so we didnt get it out as much as I would have liked to.

Thanks for all of the help on my other posts, I was finally able to get out with the family!!!