Henderson trench 8/9/13

I was keeping ball speed in the low 2 mph's, good to know more action from kings since Saturday. I take it you ran mostly spoons if you were grabbing the zebra's? What was best time of day for the kings, first thing in the morning?

Someone mentioned where are the walleye, I know personally of a catch that came out of Henderson, that consisted of 7 walleye ranging from 6.5 to 12.75 lbs that was caught on Friday. The guys cleaned their fish in the Black River Bay camp grounds as we were cleaning ours, that came out of the Black River, I had my twin girls with age 8 and they had a blast of course our catch of 9 walleyes ranging from 20.5 to 24 inches didn't hold a candle stick to the guys out of Henderson, I got to show my girls that's what walleyes look like when they grow up, they were just in aw, and couldn't believe the size, I told them next year when I bring up our (big) boat we will catch the big ones also (hopefully)

May I ask generally where you caught the walleyes and whether you were trolling or casting

The walleyes the girls and I caught, were caught trolling, from the big rocks at the end of the river to the weeping willow tree in the first turn from the Dexter launch.

When in doubt "bump bottom" and rapidly retrieve your downrigger ball at your desired trolling speed so you have an idea how much cable out you need in comparison to depth finder display. Also get out of the pack. We did very well with green variations and a 11 inch flasher just above the rest. There are plenty of fish in the trench but there are also plenty outside that seem less stubborn. Didn't roll a single fish on a spoon! Good luck. Chris

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Lake Ontario United mobile app