Seneca Seneca 8/10/2013 late start about 8ish

Seneca 8/10/2013

Carol came up late yesterday so I was hoping to get her into some quailty fish some time this weekend but with the water temps. mixed up I was a tad worried............. we got up this am had a few coffees and I asked her what do you think ?????  She said she could do some fishing.........so I got the boat ready and got Kingerboy and down we went.............  shortly after  setting up the 61' rigger goes  and she hooks up with a 17" or better bow...... got it to the side of the boat and reached down with plyers  and shook it off..... DW ss sliver glow alwife spoon.......... a bit later the 51' rigger goes off with another nice bow about the same size ....... FLT dirty series spoon ............ same deal get him to the side and shake him off the hook............... then a dry spell........ good screen ......lots of bait shallow....deep .... inbetween....... some weeds.....some trace fleas...... surface temp down to 69*.....down temp about the same as the other day....... then we get out of the bait for awhile but more fish marks....... tweak a rigger here ....tweak one there ..... keep doing thins for some time..... the the 61' rigger goes again same spoon as before............. good fish............get it to back of boat to close to trolling motor...........wind is NOT helpping ..... making boat control while you have a net in the other hand tufff..................... anyway I get a net under it.............22" brown a tad over 6 pounds...OH yea that's what I'm talking about................. anyway this is her PB brown and I have the BIG weight off my back that I finnally hooked up a good one for her..whewwwwww !!!!!!!....... pulled lines and headed in , boated that piggy just before 11am................

post-139487-0-22074700-1376157888_thumb.jpg

Sweet! ED.....tell her you deserve a reward....no...you already have too much fishing equipment :lol: Nice going man and nice report too felt like I was right there. Les

Davey get those spoons wet and let me know with pic's how great they are............ :P

Les I tell her ALL the time this is the LAST tackle I need to buy because I'll have it all...........she just shakes her head and :rofl:  at me and says sure, sure I heard that before....... :bandit: .....

dbutts water is changing fast I'll be going back into fishing mode soon and keep my finger crossed for some catching......

christrouthunter988 , thanks it good to hear some feed back on the fishing report...........

Back in Pa. now got some stuff to do down here hope to be back up in a day or two.......

When I came home the south end was nasty looking they got a TON more rain than we did in the Lodi area the east shore line out to near middle had a HUGE mudline....I sure there is a bunch of junk floating around also... KEEP your eyes open up on plane.... the creek by the campground was still running underground........just saying....... it's turning into a atractor bite having to go deeper also.......  I hate to give up on my spoon program BUT if you want to have more action on the rods that would be the better choice............ but hey I'll be back up soon and I'll be dropping in the spoons....... nothing hard headed about me............. :lol: