Tim Bromund of Olcott

This is Tim Bromund.  Tim likes fishing.  Today he caught a 31 lb salmon while on my boat :) .   Utilizing the intel gleamed from fishing on my boat today....... Tim will be fishing aboard his 24' Thompson tomorrow in the same area......while I will be scraping my house siding.  Tim loves having other boat traffic around to gage trolling speed so everyone should look for him on the water.  He will be in approx. 180' FOW and fishing 60-115' down with flashers and flies. 

002_zps4ea98e24.jpg

If you troll real close to him he might be able to show you how to properly bleed a fish or how to break dance/spinning on his back while going for a rigger rod that just fired :o  :o .

003_zps1d2832c0.jpg

Hey Tim that makes the chainsaw massacre look like amateur work :lol: Sometimes it's a little easier on the boat when ya put the fish in the net with the net sideways and slit them under the gills with the net over the water :)

Edited by Sk8man

Can't blame Tim for the blood bath.  Funny thou.  Dave tried his bow hook as a gill holder and it had a different effect......4 buckets of water later the deck was clean again.

So how did you do Sunday Tim? You were coming into the dock as we were heading back out for the afternoon bite.

Finally back out in my boat for the first time since the LOTSA club tournament on July 13.  We ran out to the 25 line after seeing good reports from that area, saw the occasional mark down 100, so we trolled as far as the 27 line without seeing much picture and only catching a small king and small steelhead, so we turned around and headed back south.  

Once we got back around the 25.5 line we started seeing some marks again and picked up a couple more small kings and steelies, but nothing to keep us in the area, so we continued trolling SE back towards where we were fishing on Saturday.  The nice green water was still there and we started picking up fish again 180-200 fow.  Another mainly diver bite with the starboard diver at 300, with the Nuc Green SD/Hammer fly taking numerous fish, including a nice low 20's king and several 7-8 lb steelhead.  

Capt Valium SD with green/glow fly on the 85 rigger took a couple shots, both nice steelhead.

After a while. we were east of the plant, so we decided to move way inside and make a long west troll back to port and try and pick up some browns.   Fished 30-45 fow and marked a ton of bait and hooks but couldn't get anything to go.

Plenty of action, but other than the one mature, size could have been better.  Felt good to be back out with the weather cooperating on the weekend for a change.

Tim

Edited by Tim Bromund

I am a Newbie and interested in fishing out of Olcott. In reading Tim's post I have no idea what the 25 and 27 lines mean. I hope to fish tomorrow and would like information on where to start fishing. Plan to use both downriggers and Dippsy divers. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Steeleman

I am a Newbie and interested in fishing out of Olcott. In reading Tim's post I have no idea what the 25 and 27 lines mean. I hope to fish tomorrow and would like information on where to start fishing. Plan to use both downriggers and Dippsy divers. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Steeleman

Tim is referring to the middle two numbers of Latitude on the North GPS number. As you head North out of Olcott, approx 43 20 000 N, the North Latitude # will increase. So Tim is recommending you travel well offshore (about 6-7 miles) until you reach the waters of 43 25 000 N, and set up there and begin trolling North until you find fish. Fishing has been great lately from the 25-29 lines. If you don't have a GPS, you might consider the Navionics mapping app for smart phones.

Edited by John E Powell

I have a 16' StarCraft and the forecast is for 1-2 foot waves tomorrow. John thanks for the GPS info. I have a GPS. Are there any East-West numbers.

Thanks,

Steeleman

Maybe 1-2' waves in the harbor........... :lol:

I have a 16' StarCraft and the forecast is for 1-2 foot waves tomorrow. John thanks for the GPS info. I have a GPS. Are there any East-West numbers.

Thanks,

Steeleman

The last time I was out, I had a nice catch in front of Wilson. Others people had decent catches from a few miles east of Wilson through to half way between Olcott and the Somerset power plant. As long as winds haven't changed things, you can just go straight out and find fish.