Cayuga 8/5 - 8/10 Jigging/Bass Report

Ill start by saying that I for one am disappointed in the amount of successful Jigging reports I have seen this year so far. 

This forum and its members taught me how to Jig for Lakers and catch them doing so and therefore I feel its only fair I give back to the forum and help the people who were like me (before this forum) and are trying to learn how to do this. 

All below fish were caught on @DeepWaterLures/@hermit jigs. 

All dates are approximate as I intended to rely on the date stamp on the photo but my phone has let me down by not marking some of them correctly. 

We were up early every day to catch these lake trout and they were all caught around wells college. 

8/5 -
We were up early and on the water by 6ish in the morning.  - marked some nice bait fish on the new Fish Finder (thanks to all who helped me decide which one to get as I am very happy with its performance this week. Started Jigging with white @hermit jig heads and a white fluke. Unfortunately could not find the scale but I ended up going to bass pro later in the week and buying one. 

8/5 - Fish Finder - Bait Fish

8/5 - Lake Trout

8/6 - 
Up early again and on the water by 6ish in the morning. - Went back to the same spot I had marked on the FF GPS and putted around on the electric trolling motor until we found what we were looking for down there. The result was a nice lake trout in the livewell - Likely one of the ones pictured on 8/7 as I think the phone marked them wrong but do not know which one.

8/7 -

Same thing again - bite was not as good and the water was rough, Stuck it out long enough to get a good sized one and then went bass fishing. Thanks to @Guff as I would have never tried to jigging this day without your new tactic you posted a while back where you cast into the wind and retrieve. The water was much too rough to stay vertical and therefore this was the ticket to catching lake trout in rough weather. 

8/7 - Lake Trout

8/7 - Lake Trout

8/7 - Lake Trout -

8/7 Official Weight

After the water got too rough for my 28LB thrust trolling motor to hold us in place for jigging (possibly time for an upgrade when the wife forgets I bought a new fish finder) - we found a nice place to catch some bass. 

8/7 - Bass Small

8/7 - Bass Small

8/7 - Two Bass

8/7 - Weight of Bigger Bass

8/7 - Weight of Smaller bass.

8/8 - 

Didint catch any lakers in the morning but decided to go out in the afternoon after a few of my relatives arrived. My cousin hooked this nice 26" laker on a green @Hermit 1oz Jig head and a white fluke. 

8/8 - Lake Trout - Official Weight

Around half an hour after that we noticed my aunt's hair was looking like this... Now... I have never been struck by lighting and have heard this is what you see right before it strikes you/your boat/your rod... close enough to hurt... 

8/8 - Lightning is coming....

Needless to say we got out of there as fast as the motor would take us and no more then 5 minutes later saw a nice forking strike behind us on the water... 

I took some more pics of the storm coming across the lake from the shore... was one of the worst storms I have seen on Cayuga personally. 

8/8 - Storm 1

8/8 - Storm 2

8/8 - Storm 3

8/8 - Storm is here...

8/9 - 

Some more lake trout - was eager to try out some new toys I got from @hermit so today I went with the white 1.5oz minnow head Jig and was pleasantly surprised by its success. 

8/9 - Lake Trout - Official Weight

8/9 - Lake Trout

8/9 - Lake Trout

After this week I am definitely tired of cleaning fish... However I now  have a nice supply of Lake Trout and Bass in the freezer to cook up and enjoy. 

All questions are welcome. 

The most successful Jigs were

1oz White head @hermit Jig with white zoom fluke.
1oz green head @hermit Jig with white zoom fluke.
1.5 oz Green head @hermit Jig with white zoom fluke.
1.5 oz White Minnow head @hermit jig with white zoom fluke

I did try other color flukes but they did not yield nearly as much success (regaurdless of what head I put them on). 

Thanks to @hermit for providing the Jigs in a timely fashion even though my order was late. 

Thanks to @Guff as your (what i'm calling) Drift Jigging Technique proved successful on 8/7 when the water got too rough for vertical Jigging. 

And last but not least thanks again to all you who helped me decide on the hummingbird 386 CI as it is exactly what I was looking for in a great Jigging Fish Finder. The GPS helps a lot as well with staying in one spot and finding that spot again. 

All questions are welcome and feel free to PM me as well. 

-Pete