New to the site

I am new to this site and have just started setting up my boat to fish Lake O. I currently have a 21' CC Robalo with two manual Cannons. I have just purchased several rod and reel combos (4 downrigger, 2 wire dipsies, 1 300' copper) along with the usual FF combos, spoons and J plugs. I hope this will get me started there is SO much out there! I have gone on numerous charters but this will be my first time doing it on my own. I will be going out of Port Ontario 8/16 - 8/19 with my girlfriend and her 12 yo son. Any suggestions or tips or suggestions would be appreciated. This site is an amazing wealth of knowledge. Thanks.

I am headed to Oswego/Mexico for my first time this coming weekend as well. my story sounds the same as your minus the company coming along. good luck, its been a fund learning experience thus far!

hey me too I made my first trip to lake Ontario this spring on my own for browns it was fun only caught two browns but tons of lakers this weekend will be my first trip for kings on my own  we should keep in touch channel 68 my boat is the home wrecker it s a blue and white starcraft islander

hey me too I made my first trip to lake Ontario this spring on my own for browns it was fun only caught two browns but tons of lakers this weekend will be my first trip for kings on my own  we should keep in touch channel 68 my boat is the home wrecker it s a blue and white starcraft islander

That makes 2 blue and white islanders then! I don't have a name for my boat..yet... If you try calling me, I will be on 68 probably. Just use my forum name, adk1