I - bay 8/12 evening

The 130 to 170fow seems to be the place to be.  Rigger at 100ft took a few on a mag gator.  A captain friend gave me a tip to extend my fly leads. fly leads at 34in from hook to spinny is getting crushed. My best spinny is silver double crush glow with green dots. Only have one so ran a 42nd tonight that also took shots with pro am at 34in. total 4 kings over 20  1 and at 15lb 2 steelies on spoons. and a skipper king. The 15lb king was a sob and got into both wires on the port side.  Needless to say no tackel lost but probably lost a few hundred feet of wire + down time being over active fish. Love the afternoon bite.Go get them. they'er hungry and silver.

i fished east of you out in front of bear creek took many browns and a slob laker,no kings.Monkey puke was hot also gator Fish were high although temp was deep.49 at 120 ft.a dew chances at the dipseys but droped fish.saw only two boats out all day.tuesday and wedsday are supose to get rough,more warm water comming in.

With those 34" fly leads are you running the 8" spinny or the bigger one ,I think its 11"?? Also what kinda speed at the ball are you rrunning?? Thanks for s good report.

John1947,

When were you fishing in front of the creek?  I was out there after 6:00 and saw no one out except for a boat off p'ville.  I unfortunately had a lousy evening and got skunked.  Its been awhile but was bummed with some guests on board.

that was me i fished about 3 miles directly nw of port.Dont let getting skunked bother you even with quests.All I have to do is "remember"my old spoon box history".Besides it was pleasant wasnt it .nice sunset somewhat,huh.

Edited by john1947

very good morning same place i was last night,lakers and browns along with a few kings.I missed the kings fighting fish.I had all rods go off together .So I fished one downrigger.Anything with pink or glow  was hot.White was better than silver back.small spoons Lead was about 12 ft from the ball. michagoan stingersfish hit high forty feet over the bottom and out of temp.Trolled around 2.0 to 2.6.glad i got up and ignored the scw.it was great till about 11.00 am

The 130 to 170fow seems to be the place to be.  Rigger at 100ft took a few on a mag gator.  A captain friend gave me a tip to extend my fly leads. fly leads at 34in from hook to spinny is getting crushed. My best spinny is silver double crush glow with green dots. Only have one so ran a 42nd tonight that also took shots with pro am at 34in. total 4 kings over 20  1 and at 15lb 2 steelies on spoons. and a skipper king. The 15lb king was a sob and got into both wires on the port side.  Needless to say no tackel lost but probably lost a few hundred feet of wire + down time being over active fish. Love the afternoon bite.Go get them. they'er hungry and silver.

might suggest you try moving your fly to the "slow hole" on your paddle......that's what it's there for. I've found in years past that it can make a HUGE difference at the end of the day.