Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the forum here, but have been enjoying the topics on here since the spring and thought I'd try to contribute finally. 

For starters, I'm a bit of a newbie to Lake Ontario trolling; having just started this year. I am, however, a seasoned veteran for Lake Huron/ Georgian Bay trolling where I've spent most of my days fishing. Lake O is proving to be incredible during the summer compared to what I'm used to in terms of numbers and size. 

Despite this, I was out from Bronte last Thursday evening and struggled horribly. Not a single bite from 315-845! I spent most of my time in between 120-160 fow with my riggers set around 60 and 100 usually, along with a planar and dipsy combo. I mostly ran flasher/fly combos and some spoons. I seemed to try everything, even venturing into ~70 and out to ~180 fow. I tried almost every depth on the riggers and variety the distance out on the dipsy.

Basically I'm wondering if anyone has come up with a consistent pattern or has the fishing been slow for everyone?

I'm hoping to get out again this Saturday evening and don't know where to go/ what to try. I am completely open for suggestions. I've considered returning to Bronte or perhaps trying something new like Grimsby or Port Credit. If you suggest one of those, could you comment on what it's like fishing out of there (ie how far out it is to get to the hunny-hole, etc).

Thanks and I look forward to talking with as many people as possible.

Don't horse 'em,

Steve

Went 6 for 6 yesterday with a 27 to cap the night. With the cooler water and staging fish keep working that inside line. 3 out of the 4 matures we bagged were dressed in true fall colors. I get the feeling there might be alot of keeners this year, I've already spotted fish surfacing in the mouth. Get ready for combat fishing!

Tightlines

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Replying a little late just seeing your post.  I've also been having trouble off Bronte this past week or so.  Been out 4 times and only pulled in two small ones.  Running Hot Spot and Spin Dr. flashers with fly/spoon combos.  Caught one on green moonshine at 40ft.  One on a white fly at about 50ft.  Both in 160 to 180 fow.  Bronte's not producing this year.  Have had great success in years past but can't figure them out here this year.  I think I'll be going east for the the last week of the derby...