Ouch the rod hurts.

Well I have had a few women on the boat and they said the rod butt hurts their stomachs, pelvic area chest, where ever they try to stick it while reeling. It's there anything that will help it from digging in?

I don't want those fish fighting belts because they get pretty nasty after a while.

Sent from my thinking chair...

Try a tennis/racket ball you can slip on the end? Not sure how good it would work though

Maybe a lacrosse ball with a hole bored in it. Thanks for the idea.

No. 425 Hammer Head Rod Butt Cushion

425_hammerHead_md.gif

BlueVideoButton_000.gif

425_blueandwhitesm.gif

Click on Image to Enlarge

- Now available in WHITE and BLUE!

Attach No. 425 Hammer Head to the end of your fishing rod for ultimate comfort when fighting that fish.

More comfortable and easier to use than most fighting belts, with a universal rod butt tube allowing for simple rod to rod transfer.

Luna Sea Cush-it   Just ordered one today.  Haven't tried one yet but heard good things.

Fishbopper

Works great, actually have 2 of the medium size and everyone on board has liked them so far, except for the macho guys...of course. 

Works great, actually have 2 of the medium size and everyone on board has liked them so far, except for the macho guys...of course.

Will the mediums fit okuma downrigger rods?

Our leather fighting belt looks new, but the hassle of getting it on during a fight means that it hasn't seen much use. The Hammer Head Rod Butt Cushions pictured above work great at preventing bruises, but the rubber pulls the heck out of any hair you might have there. Probably not an issue for most women? I love the look of the neoprene ones, though. Something new to buy.

Buy the cush it... just buy it now. Don't think about it, don't hesitate, do NOT collect $200 at go, just buy it.

For something so simple and cheap it's a wonder every boat doesn't have one yet. One of my must haves these days and everyone that comes on our boat prefers to use it over a fighting belt. It's amazing how rookies struggle with the rod until you put it on.

Buy it.

We have the medium, sometimes we wish we had the large. We have one rod that doesn't fit real well and I think the large would slip over the bottom of one of our rocket launcher holders making it more accessible, which is honestly the only reason I don't use it on every fish.

Nick