Another first timer

My name is Mark, from Poconos, PA, and I will be making my first trip to the Polaski area September 4th.

I plan to take my boat. (Bass Tracker Magna 19, almost ready to go). I've been invited to go for several years and never made it.

I can't wait to go. Hopefully, we catch some Kings. Got the fever.........

Hey Mark, so you're heading to Pulaski on the 4th.  I would first tell you that's a hell of a good place to put your boat in that time of year.  Their have been reports of some Salmon already starting to run up the River but those would be considered early runs. Labor Day weekend tends to be one of the last weekends we put in to fish the lake as the whitetail blood starts flowing. You should have no problem finding Schools of staging Salmon right out front. Hopefully there will be some Kings that are still feeding then. Their certainly will be some Cohos out there as well. Cohos tend to run just after the Kings do. We have found, as probably many will attest to, that trolling flasher flies and spoons will be your best bet. You will be able to pull plugs as well since a lot of the fish will be in shallower water.  I hope that you get into a few.  They are tons of fun to catch and fight like crazy. I would recommend coming a bit earlier next year. The month of August is what I consider to be Prime Time out on the Lake.  Catching a spry Salmon that is still feeding its enormous gut is unlike any other freshwater fishing thrill. I have caught big Pike, walleye, bass, you name it; but there is nothing like a 30 pound chunk of pure muscle deciding that it wants to run 300 feet off you reel instantly.  Best of Luck!!

Thanks for the info.

I was hoping to get there earlier. (Next week). The person that invited me is not available until the 4th.

I may take a ride next week, without the boat, just to check things out and get my license, gear and stuff.

I am brand new to this kind of fishing. Hopefully, it will be a blast.

Thanks again!