anybody fished mexico bay/ 9 mile

its getting close lake Ontario bound Friday morning cant wait my virgin trip for the king any pointers would be greatly appreciated just baught a copper rod a wire dipsy and a lead core and also have 4 downriggers  I know how to run the riggers but knew to the other three

LOC derby starts Friday , so the boat traffic will be heavy . If you are going to run the long lines (copper and cores ) you will want to stay outside the pack . It is not always possible to give as much room as we would like with boats coming from all directions . See you out there !

Most of the tackle shops in the area carry them . Woody's in Port Ontario , Jon's on 104B ,just before the turn to the Mexico Pt. launch . Fat Nancy's and All Season's sports in Pulaski . You should nort have any trouble finding cut bait . Glad to see that program is back . After Rhys Davis pulled out , It has been a struggle finding good cut bait . Sure wish he would come back to NY . It is still available in Canada .

LOC derby starts Friday , so the boat traffic will be heavy . If you are going to run the long lines (copper and cores ) you will want to stay outside the pack . It is not always possible to give as much room as we would like with boats coming from all directions . See you out there !

And where is this gonna be concentrated out of..MExico too? oh man, I am a newby and gonna be heading out of Mexico on Friday! Will keep a wide birth for this greenhorn

About a week ago I was told to center the big fat stack of the power plant between the middle are far right or westerly smaller stacks in 200-300' of water 130' down. Not sure if they're still there but it might be a good starting point. We did catch a nice 24lb'er right there in 215 feet of water and lost another one. Of course a lot can change in a week I suppose.

There are 2 main cut bait brands available . Erie Dearie and Familiar Bite . Ask the bait shop which are working . I have used both and don't have a preference . Familiar Bite has a squid fillet that I want to try . The old timers (me) used squids and dodgers in the70's and  80's . There is nothing in Lake Ontario that resembles a squid , but I was told by a Cornell biologist that instinct in the Pacific salmonids remembers squid from the ocean . They caught a lot of salmon . I still use squids  when I'm not using my go to , cut bait .