Bondy Baits

Has anyone ever tried these baits on the St. Lawrence ? Has anyone had success with them? I've tried them a few time, but negitive results. maybe I didn't give them the time they deserve. I tend to stick with lures I have confidence in. 

I just figured the deep edges of the Larry might be good for a vertical presentation. 

There are some guys who do well in the Nagara on them. Edges where it drops to 15 to 20 ft and drifting in areas with humps where depth changes from 12 to 20 or 25 ft that have a steady current (say 1.5 to 2.5 mph) will produce fish there. They generally vertical jig with quick lift and slow drop. The fish almost always hit on the drop, so if you suddenly don't feel the bait, set the hook. Sometimes they use the trolling motor to slow th drift. They told me they also have had a lot of success with one angler casting cranks to lure them toward the boat, then the fish will hit on the other angler's Bondy below the boat. They will also attach a large saltwater frog hook or trebble hook to the line tie to increase hook up percentage. Red October Baits tubes can be used in the same areas but drift and jig upstream from the boat.

Steve

Edited by muskiedreams

I hooked a muskie on a bondy near clayton last year but lost it at the boat. The color was"burbot" . I caught a few pike on that one too. It's not the magic bait it appears to be in bondy's videos but they catch some fish. It's a good bait to work deep when you don't want to troll.

good baits and a lot more versatile than I thought when I first bought mine. Still the only bait I have caught fish on in the Niagara and ive caught a few on them in the lakes too. All were caught casting the baits and all on the vomit shad pattern.