Otisco 8-15 nice tiger

Matt and his son dallas came up to help me pull the boat for our trip to Tupper, and we figured we better try the morning walleye bite. We ran half big baits half deep taildancers. So far big baits have been a bust. We caught a nice tiger and while writing this we got a big 7 pound eye and another smaller but decent tiger to go with 2 big smb. Tdd11's are on fire! Didnt measure either tiger as its not worth the stress on the fish. Second tiger we didnt put in the net or pick up. Both fish were safe releases.

Justin

Sent from my N9500 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

post-151276-13765707497334_thumb.jpg

post-151276-13765707960041_thumb.jpg

post-151276-13765708148508_thumb.jpg

Nice fish Justin,

I have a small lake about a mile from my home that has tigers in it . Since there is a 10hp limit on the launch I seldom fish it as I would have to use my Gheenoe with a six hp. I have caught a few casting f18 Rapala and through the ice ( I caught two small ones through the ice last winter). Maximum depth is about 35 feet and it's basically a bowl with a few weed beds stretching out to 15 feet. What trolling strategy would you suggest? Send me a pm if you want.

Id try trolling the weedline close to the bottom on inline boards so you can control how far out easily in case you are too close or to far out. Every big one i get is on walleye deep cranks in perch pattern. Speed should be 2.5 to 3.5 and turns help but pauses are bettter. Seems like speed change is key. The tdd11 is great for those speeds. If its spring or fall the reef runners are great at speeds up to 3 but you have to really tune them over 2.5. Sunny tough walleye days are best. I can usually tell if its a tiger day because ill see lots of bait on the surface with big swirls etc. they even come up on surface with there heads out. I seldom target them but its not that hard compared to big eyes as we have so many.

Justin

Its cooled right off prob 68-70 tops...my cable has a nick and it effects my temp only...if i watch it for a while i can get it, but i didnt this morn...i found 2.5 gps was best...i mighta been better for eyes a touch slower but i hate to slow up as faster will get browns, smb, and tigers. Everybody has there own style...mine is fast for eyes. I lapped all 11 boats trolling Sunday. Wish we would get a heatwave...slow sucks...i catch a few more in the fall but the hits are vicious going faster.

Justin