Cranberry Lake ADK

Heading up to Cranberry Lake over Labor day weekend.  Decided it was time I check it out since i have seen so many pics of slob pike coming from there the last few years.  I have been to Tupper, Saranac and some of the other nearby  lakes but have never been to Cranberry.  Anyone have any advice for this lake?  I will be targeting pike and am 100% catch and release.  Part of the fun of fishing for me is checking out new lakes and figuring things out for myself, but it never hurts to get a little advice from others who have been there/done that.   feel free to PM me also.   Thanks

Edited by JOE ESOX

• 2 weeks later...

I stooped there last year for 2 days the last week of August and did well on smb and pike.  We caught 2 nice pike over 36"  and lost a big one.  All 3 pike came on a Rapala clackin minnow with a 3 ounce clip weight 20 feet in front trolling the breaklines of the main deep section of the lake speed was 2.5 - 3.  Only ran 1 rod for pike and had 3 hook ups in 3-4 hours.  We had the other rods on different DT series bass cranks and caught 20+ smb in the same time.  The rest of our trip was casting for bass which seemed much better in the pm than the am.  My son only let me troll a little and that was in the middle of the day.  Ill look for my map and Ill post a pic of where we camped, there was a nice sandy area to drag a boat up and where we found fish.

justin

Tell me about it!  Its getting better on this forum.  If we can get more guys talking about their fishing in the Adirondacks it would help a lot.  Most of us only fish those lakes once a year and its a steep learning curve when you go.  I wont go back up to stained water for eyes again without purple and uv baits...learned that this year the hard way...running 9 rods and only one has THE color...You  know there should be an Adirondacks section to this forum!  Can this be added???

justin

Ill get up to Great Sacandaga eventually...ill bet you can troll up pike there too while walleye trolling. If you run cranks for walleye you get some of everything! Cranberry really wasnt hard...fish werent that deep as lake is pretty shallow...im still looking for my map, ill post some more info when i find it...my son had it last and he'll be home soon.

Justin

Sent from my N9500 using Lake Ontario United mobile app