Temp down 140 in Oswego? Bull or no?

Well, its entirely possible to get down to 140 with the right equipment, but that doesn't mean necessarily finding feeding salmon there. Fish the bait in the early morning offshore. If ya see bait consistent in higher water column I would fish that. Salmon don't always hang in 46 to 52 degree water and neither does their food. I wouldn't worry what the reports are saying too much about temp and stick with reports on catch. It will all change in a few days anyway.

Mark

Sent from my PC36100 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Got another report of catches coming 150 down out 350-400. Riggers & wires will get there...long stretches on the wire.

Unless you have 700 coppers.. you will need to add weight to 500&600's

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Lake Ontario United mobile app

You have downriggers, you can stack divers or a copper on the cable above the ball and reach depth with your longline. But another report says most bites are coming out of temp right now.

Sent from my PC36100 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

1 to 2 were more like 3 to 5! We started at 150 fow and it was still 70. Moved out o 250-300 found temp down 160 fow. Started to pick up fish all on riggers on that went 34 pounds. Rough day over all!

what wind direction do we need to bring the temps back??? is it a north east wind??

East, but too much east wind will cause a lake flip and make it cool all the way to the surface.

Edited by bluewater

1 to 2 were more like 3 to 5! We started at 150 fow and it was still 70. Moved out o 250-300 found temp down 160 fow. Started to pick up fish all on riggers on that went 34 pounds. Rough day over all!

Weatherman has been wrong several times in the past month. I think he likes to see people stack up like fish and not head out.

Fished all day Friday 6am- 3 , NoTHiNG!! Temp 70deg from top to bottom. Couldn't find any good temps. 180-300. Radio talk sounded like every one having same prob. And yes weather jerks called for 5-10 , one foot or less and sure as **** it was 10-20 in the am and 2-4 with some big rollers mixed in all morning. Gonna give a few more weeks and try my luck again.

Edited by Jbasile

Tough weekend! Fish are there they were just real picky. Watched them check out the lures but no takers. 5 for 6 sat morning. 0 for 2 Saturday night and 1 for 2 Sunday afternoon. No FF combo worked twice. Worst part of the weekend was I finally used a copper set up I purchased from fat Nancy's and the reel was messed up. Took it back to fat Nancy's and they told me it was my problem.thats awesome of them. I have only spent thousands of dollars there. Thanks Dave ill never spend another dollar in your store!