Fished out of IBay this am.  Left the dock at 5:30  Set up in 120.  3 rigger, 2 wire spread.  Dropped probe down 85.  70 degrees.  Dropped it to 95.  Still about 70 degrees. Headed north, figured we'd hit temperature sooner or later.  Hit 200 feet, still 69 - 70 degrees.  Figured something is wrong with probe.  Speed seemed to work fine.  Started dropping probe rigger, finally got to decent temperature (55 degrees) at about140 feet.  Worked out to 325, 1 skipper and 1 small laker (lost).  Fished 140 - 160 feet down, 2 of 3 riggers.  Dipsey's out between 250 and 400 on a 3 setting.  Turned around at 325, worked back into 100 feet.  From 200 to 100 set riggers between 85 - 110.  Temp was consistently 69-70 down in that area.  Nothing.  Threw everything we had at them.  SSW's and King of Sting, all the usual spoons that have produced all year long.  Bloody Death, SSW, Green Nuclear, White, and Gator (paddles), nothing produced.  Ran speed anywhere between  2.0 and 3.0, turned like crazy. Nothing. Worked back out to 225.  Nothing.  

Nice morning to be on the water, and better than working.  Back at it tomorrow.  

Tom

Edited by Earldog

I got started about 20 minutes later….and confirm the temperature readings.  I kept going deeper though and caught a nice 22lb king in about 395ft of water on the 150ft rigger (green SD and matching fly).  Around 425ft caught a 10+lb Salmon on NBK mag spoon on 130ft rigger, and believe it or not,  a brown about 8-10lbs on 235ft wire mag dipsy with white/green protroll and green fly.  A fair amount of bait and large marks, but tough getting them to bite.  I did have more releases with no fish than any other trip this year….maybe they were just not hitting aggressively.