RUFF RIDER Live Report Sodus Aug 16-18

Help me out, what's the "bowl"?

Assuming its a merc. There is a small brass screw on bottom of carb if you loosen (8mm or 5/16) then pump bulb until you see good clean gas cone from screw. There may be a small amount of oil in there but makes it incredibly hard to start. Good luck!

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Lake Ontario United mobile app

haha yeah I figured no one wanted to sit through an hour of him fighting a fish :)  We forget how good form and knowing how to reel properly really makes a difference in getting these fish in!

Nick

Dennis, we use the normal size 1 dipseys with a normal ring.  Best guess is 500 feet out on a 3 setting is somewhere in the 80ft range.  I haven't had them out and trolled shallow to see exactly where they are hitting though.

I was told that 250' of wire out on a 1 setting would get me to 100 feet. does this sound correct? Also, do the divers come wit hthe power ring already? I used them the way they came right out of the box minus the settings

250 feet out on a 1 setting with the standard 1 dipsy and no ring sounds like it should be down between 70 and 80 feet. With the ring it should be down about 85 feet. I have found at about 2.7 mph gps speed on a 1 1/2 setting the 3 to 1 rule is pretty good. (ie. 50feet deep = 150 line out. likewise 60 = 180; 70 = 210; 80 = 240)