I'm not asking anyone to give away any secrets, but has anyone else had a hard time putting anything in the boat off Bronte in the last week.  I can't pot a fish to save myself and I've gone through most of my gear.  Can't just be the barometric pressure, can it?

Fishing has been tough out of Bronte.  I was out on Thursday and went 2 for 7.  Best advice I can give is stick with the shallow water.  60-70 fow.  Boat speed has been 2.5-2.6.....lymans with very short lead in the morning (5-10ft).  Dipseys rods out on the sides.  80% of the hits have come on the dipseys running flies....anything green glow really.  Settting #3 on a mag out 120.  Don't follow the other boats out to deeper water....you'll be tempted to, but the fish are there......after 8am they disappear from the fish finder, but trust me they are there.  Target bait schools, and skum lines if you can find them.....bait generally means feeding.

Good Luck!

I've certainly followed them out to deeper water.  Heading out to Bronte again in the morning.  Will try sticking to the shallows.  Thx.

Fishing has been tough out of Bronte.  I was out on Thursday and went 2 for 7.  Best advice I can give is stick with the shallow water.  60-70 fow.  Boat speed has been 2.5-2.6.....lymans with very short lead in the morning (5-10ft).  Dipseys rods out on the sides.  80% of the hits have come on the dipseys running flies....anything green glow really.  Settting #3 on a mag out 120.  Don't follow the other boats out to deeper water....you'll be tempted to, but the fish are there......after 8am they disappear from the fish finder, but trust me they are there.  Target bait schools, and skum lines if you can find them.....bait generally means feeding.

Good Luck!

Was out of Port Credit on Saturday.  Lots of boats, and tough fishing.  Did'nt take my own advice and drove out to the bluezone to catch squat.  Should have stayed inside, the picture was decent and apparently a steady (but slow) pick for those that stuck it out.  Ended up 3 for 3.  A 24Ib (in the picture) and two shakers.  All came off of JPlugs (white/blk, orange/white)

IMG_20130313.jpg

Edited by tpfeifer