CHECK THIS OUT!

Muskybob Pike are just as bad. My folks lived on one of the best LL salmon lakes in Maine at one time but someone thought it was a good idea to put some pike in the lake well 10 years later and the salmon fishing S**Ks. If you see 1 salmon boat trolling all summer you would be lucky.Before the pike on opening day you couldn't put a boat in for at least a 1 hr or more waiting at the ramp.we are getting them over 20 lb now.I catch them and throw them up on shore for some other critter to have lunch. the only good thing about the pike is there fun on light line and ice fishing ;)

Well, let's think about this...if we could legally bang them what would you use? I'd load the 12ga 1100 with 3" steel BB or T shot. What would be the best, most devastating, effective load? It would be nice to whack them when they're flying in a line while trollin'.

There are two reasons why government fish and wildlife agencies kill cormorants.

The primary reason is because double-crested cormorants eat fish. They have sparked an irrational hatred among sport anglers who accuse the bird of depleting fish stocks even though they have no scientific evidence to justify their claims. Because government fish and wildlife agencies receive revenue from the sale of fishing and hunting licenses, as well as revenue from gun sales in the United States, they keep anglers happy regardless of the harm done to the environment.

The second reason is because guano deposits from tree nesting cormorants over time can alter the local environment. Large colonies of cormorants, ranging from hundreds to thousands, can alter the local environment within 20 years but this is a natural process with ecological benefits.

But killing thousands of native North American migratory birds across international jurisdictions is not simply about saving a few 'green' trees.

The Ontario government first began shooting nesting cormorants in 2004 at Presqu'ile Provincial Park on Lake Ontario killing over 10,000 in three years. By oiling eggs to suffocate the unhatched chick, they killed thousands more in the Georgian Bay area of Lake Huron.

The additional killing on Lake Erie will make the whole Great Lakes basin, the primary nesting ground for migrating cormorants, inhospitable and dangerous. Combined with efforts in the United States to kill cormorants on their `flyway' or migration route, it will leave no place safe for these birds anywhere in North America.

A G -

... an irrational hatred among sport anglers who accuse the bird of depleting fish stocks even though they have no scientific evidence to justify their claims.

You got'ta be kidding...right???

http://www.dec.ny.gov/docs/fish_marine_ ... 5sec14.pdf

http://www.dec.ny.gov/docs/fish_marine_ ... 5sec16.pdf

http://www.dec.ny.gov/docs/fish_marine_ ... 5sec17.pdf

St Lawrance colony ate 36 million fish in 5 yrs. Only good thing I see in these reports is that one colony is eating primarily Round Gobies & dying of Botulism. :roll:

Tom B.

(LongLine)

Too bad that pike couldn't have snapped it's teeth on the inside of that bird's stomach. I hate those things & what they do to our fisheries. :(

Kinda looks like a small lunge to me........but then again I never new

turkeys could swim..lol