fished from 6-12 between the dunes from 110-150.riggers down 150 and 130..all the cable i had.temp70 down 130.had a double header on riggers in 149 fow.landed one lost the other.27lber.green dot bikini with green fly and mountain dew/chrome and green/blue fly.

I really wouldn't worry about temp this time of the year. We fished the same area as you this afternoon. Trolled for 6 hours before we hit our first king at 6:45. 180fow 135 on the rigger. 68 degrees there on my probe. Ended the day 2 for three. All hits on riggers down 135-145 on the rigger from 6:45-7:30. 24lber and 18lber. will be back out in the morning if I can wake up.

when i saw how deep the temp. was i slid back in to try for some lakers,i had three newbies on the boat and wanted them to get something.when i couldnt get them to hit i slid back out to 150 and got that 27lber,wish i would have stayed out there and didnt waste two hours inside!!!oh well,still learning!!!

tat sounds just like my day today. Went out to the pack in the 300ft of water. Long story short, took a 24lb king on my 250 wire mag dipsey froggy SD and blue crinkle atomic fly. my first ever king and it didn't disappoint! Sat we hit Oswego.. Lost a fish I had on my rigger down 250..O dodger green tape creen crinkle fly..broke my leader at the second run. Fished Mexico Friday, Oswego Sat and back to Mexico today..one decent king in the boat. loved every minute of it. was my first time out and learned a ton. Forgot to mention that upon launching out of Mexico I got t omeet Willy C! Funny stuff right there, just backing the islander in the H2O and a guy comes up to me and says "are you Adk1" haha..sure am..hey there, I am Willy C!

Edited by Adk1

Went 3 for 4 this morning. Went in at 11:00am. All on downriggers down 135-145 in 170fow. Went back out for the afternoon and put another 3 on board. One of which was silver and losing scales like a spring king. We had a 26lber give us a hell of time. I never seen a king fight this strong. I thought we had a 40 for sure this thing would not come up. Pulled all the rods and slowed down. about 20 minutes later we finay got it to surface. We quit after landing that one at 6:45. The three we landed were on the downriggers same depths as the morning. We did get a dipsey to finally fire on 1.5 setting out 425 but that one came unbuttoned. We did find temp but its still scattered as we would have 48 degrees on the probe and a few minutes later have 64. I think by tomorrow there we will be somewhat of a thermocline setup again.

post-150486-0-85896700-1376922907_thumb.jpg

when i saw how deep the temp. was i slid back in to try for some lakers,i had three newbies on the boat and wanted them to get something.when i couldnt get them to hit i slid back out to 150 and got that 27lber,wish i would have stayed out there and didnt waste two hours inside!!!oh well,still learning!!!

After I talked to you at the dock, we went back out in the afternoon a little deeper than the pack. Found some 58 degree water down 170 over 300 and had one hit on the bullfrog pro troll and a brand new Atomik Killer Green fly that I bought on lunch. I work for a pet food company, so I have access to pure herring oil all the time and keep a little jar on the boat to dip flies and spoons before I run them. Not sure if it helps, but it must mask human odor. Weighed in at 27 lbs, our best so far this year. Also hooked one in the river in the morning at the ballpark and lost him trying for a lake/river double in the same day.

Temp might matter but I managed to take 8 salmon over the course of 2 days from water in the 60's. Just to spoil the temp theory. Its mid august, there life cycle is drawing them closer to spawning areas.

Sent from my VS910 4G using Lake Ontario United mobile app

We were all over the place, from 140 fow out to 312.

Temp came up father you went out, but the lake should be stting up real nice now.

2 lakers, 1 coho, and a steelhead, was our box for Saturday.

Looking for different results this coming weekend.

we were12 for 18 fri. sat. sun. we stayed in the same spot all three days  right in front of nine mile 170 to 220 fow   it wasn't hot and heavy but I was very satisfied for my first time  salmon fishing  now I don't want to fish at home  nothing compares to a king around here

hey home wrecker,just to let you know what you are in for,last year sitn around the camp fire a guy from town told me about fishing lake o,he does it two or three times a year,so i had the bug to try it.took me e few trys to land one,but when i did it was all over,so since then it has been,bigger boat,piece of property up there,camper trailer to stay in,thousands and thousands of dollars worth of tackle and electronics!!!!it never ends,but its worth every penny,i live on the fulton chain and never plan on fishing here again!!!p.s. you might not want your wife to see this post.haha!sounds like adk 1 is in the same thing

yeah, you boys nailed it right there. AS I was trailering across the bridge into Northville (Great Sacandaga Lake) I was thinking to myself man I miss Lake O! I had a great trip. Learned allot, already trying to finagle a way to get back there in the next few weeks! My plan of coming a few times a year is gonna change I can tell you that. I am already looking into a safe place to leave the islander on the trailer for the second half of August thru second week of September next year! Already know I am getting a Fish Hawk x4 in the spring, a second wire dipsey setup and a couple doxen more flys and SD/dodgers..I fished with 3 flys and one king unfortunately still has one swimming around in its mouth

Finally home after the three day trip. Exhausted but well worth it. Not the best numbers but we got 9 kings. This morning was tough. We only managed a 24lber on a dipsey 1.5 415 feet out. Must have had a smaller fish on for while as my downrigger released and when we brought it in everything was gone and line was really twisted. I don't understand why we didn't do better this morning as we had the best temps of a three days down 120 on the riggers and marks all over.

Can't go this weekend but will be headed back after.

My son and I were up this weekend, got skunked on Sat but managed a 15lb King :)  on Sun 1 hr before we packed for home.  Got her in 190 feet of water down about 100 ft, not sure on temp as probe was being temperamental. Used a watermelon SD with a green and white fly.

Plan is to be back up there in a month, hopefully they will not be gone by then.

First time I fished Lake O in 2002 we stayed for a whole week and only caught one big king but man was I addicted right from the start. A new boat and thousands of dollars later I'm still just as excited as back then, maybe even more now. Funny how that works. I do go to the ocean a lot and some smaller lakes around home but Lake O is by far my favorite place to fish.

I'm a week away from going and it's litereally all I can think about, well that and how much money a new motor just cost me :(

Please leave some in the bay for me for next week!