Port weller Canada 15-16

Me and my buddy Lucas decided to give weller a try on Thursday morning we had lines in by 6 am only lakers in the first 2 hours then finnally a king hits 65 ft down over 110fow blue spin doctor and a aqua ITO fly.

Not sure on the weight but a solid 20+

null_zps966565a5.jpg

About a half hour later a king takes a good rip on the wire diver 170 back on a 2 setting black pro troll and a KJ special ITO fly

null_zpsbcb52019.jpg

20 mins later the same setup on the wire takes another hard rip and screams out to 400+ ft land another nice king but this one was a nice silver fish.

null_zpsbe94ad88.jpg

Slowed down so we started working closer to wards the border in 120-150 good screen the whole way down the ledge, around 11 I saw my meat rigger pop and I grabbed it righted up the slack and he screamed straight down I knew this was a big fish! After a long fight and almost loosing him in the net we landed a pig no scale on the boat so we decided to pack it in and head to peters to weigh it ended up being 30.06 my second tyee this year

null_zpsa6e050e5.jpg

null_zps7226b4c7.jpg

Friday morning I decided to take my girlfriend hailey out fishing and see if I could get her, her first salmon. Lines in by 630 not salmon action till 9 but I kept her busy with a few lakers pretty much catching them at will dropping a pro troll and chartreuse ITO fly on top of deep marks

She landed one nice one

null_zps9445de48.jpg

The first king hit was on a braid diver with meat back 155 on a 2 setting over 130 fow she fought it well and I netted a nice teen for her first king

null_zpsb1815d1b.jpg

About 15 mins later the rigger goes off and I grab it haileys arms were a bit sore so she told me to fight it:p right after she says the the wire starts to scream, so she didn't get a break her fish ran to 500 ft back so I had lots of time to fight mine but mine ran into the rigger cable ay the boat and I lost it hailey battled her fish and I netted it another mid teen king closer to 20 lbs for her 2 for 2 so far her first time salmon fishing!

Had to leave around 1130 because she had to work in the afternoon as I started pulling lines the meat rigger goes off with a screamer I tighten the slack and hand the rod over again she fought it well untill 100 ft from the boat the fish turns and swims right at the boat so quick she couldn't keep up and it spit the hook.

All in all good morning the gf enjoyed her first time out and wished she didn't have to work so we could stay out longer