we got on the water around noon and started heading west towards the city. we went from 80 to 200 ft of water a couple times with a blank screen, no thermocline, and freezing cold 49 to 52 degree water on top. after4 predictably taking zero hits we made the executive decision to hit 300+ feet of water for the first time ever. good choice. we started see water temp around 60 on top and that progressed to around 67 by the time we hit 350 ft. although we only saw the occasional bait cloud we started taking hits. first fish in was about a 10lb king down 60ft. on a meat rig. second fish was a screamer on the meat that was lost after a few minutes, followed by a knockoff on the kos 40ft rigger. we than hit two nice steelhead back to back one on an atomic fly back 250 on the dipsey and one on the kos rigger. the fishing slowed but we still managed to hook a 25 lb screamer that took a dipsey out 300 ft to 700 ft, and we lost another fish the same size at the boat off the meat because it came in so quick we had no time to move rods. I also kept a small one for a friends dinner. all fish and hits were in 300+ ft of water down no farther than 60ft. we have one last shot at a derby fish next sat and regardless a report will follow, tightlines.

post-146833-0-43090500-1376923942_thumb.jpg the 25 lb

I've been fishing out of Bronte all summer with little luck.  Finally moved east to Port Credit on Monday...with much better results.  After reading your post hit Bluffers today.  Wind sucked, SW and choppy in a 16 ft Legend.  Regardless, started fishing at 60 ft in the AM and moved out to 300 plus.  Got our first hit in 310 ft at 60 ft down and bit the lure.  Second fish hit at 260 ft and ran to the boat.  14 lb Chinook.  Wish we could have stayed out longer but the boat was getting slammed around.  Thx for the advice.

No problem, there never seems to be many reports on the canadian side so i try to do my part, the main goal is too have some fun right!

Im hoping by sat the temp will straighten out a bit and make finding them easier but we ll have to wait and see. Good luck out there