Mexico - Oswego Accomedations

Adk1

Just got back from my first Lake O of many trips to be made I hope. Hauled the 3.5 hours with the RV and boat at 7MPG. Next trip will most likely be finding someplace to bunk down for the night in the Mex-Oswego areas. Dont need anything fancy, but something clean and ability to park boat in a lot for 2 overnights. any recommedations would be appreciated

Hey Scott....it was nice putting a smily face to the name this weekend...Sorry there wasn't much time for a chit-chat

We stayed at Stick's Bar & Motel....not a bad place, basic, parking for boat and only 4-5 miles from the launch we met at...$100 a night w/two double beds ($25 for an extra air mattress)

Like you I'm all ears on other places too....was thinking of checking out Catfish Fishing Camps but scooted home too quick yesterday

~WC~

I've stayed at catfish creek 3 times in the last 1 1/2 seasons. Accommodations are very good. Rates are reasonable and include dock . Check out their web site and give Wally and Cheryl a call.

Boat safe

Egoody

Sent from my XT881 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I've stayed at Catfish several times, the cabins are newer and very nice, the trailers are older but ok, the docks and cleaning station are not fancy but adequate and Wally and Cheryl are great people to deal with. Very convenient to have your boat right there at the dock.

http://www.catfishcreek.com/

If Catfish isn't for you there is also the Port Lodge Motel on Rte 3 in Port Ontario, basic rooms at a reasonable price, not too far from the Mexico launch with a large parking lot for your boat.

http://www.portlodge.com/default.htm

K&G is closer to Oswego and has a nice restaurant right there. I've never stayed at Stick's but have always heard good reports from other guy's that have. Another place I've heard about on 104 closer to Oswego is the Evergreen.

All these places get busy as the river heats up, especially on the weekends,so call now.

Catfish has a launch right there, nothing great but I can launch my 25' Penn Yan with no problems and Wally puts his 30'r in and out. They usually also have gas, ice and NY licenses available. They are at the dead end of a rough dirt road, kind of secluded. Short run down the creek to get to the lake which can get shallow but is ok for an I/O or outboard motor. It's nothing fancy, just a fishing camp with some cabins and older house trailers with some seasonal camper trailers mixed in.

Give it a try, might be just what your looking for. Check out their website.

I've stayed at Catfish 3 times this season and am heading back for the first week in Sept. Cheryl and Wally are great people and the house trailers comfortable. If I were bringing my wife I'd rent one of the new cabins however. Launch your boat when you get there, walk 50 yards, get in it and motor a couple of hundred yards to the lake...super convenient. And you can leave your grill home, each unit has a gas grill.

Although the camp is only a couple of hundred yards up the creek, there is one cabin with a view of the lake...which is nice to check the wind and waves on those iffy days. There's also a walkway at the very end you can walk a little ways down to see the lake, binoculars help.

And when you're motoring toward the lake the creek bends to the left and then opens up into a little bay sort of. After the bend head straight for the boats in front of you and then turn right towards the lake. I'm told there's a good sized rock in the middle of that shallow bay. Ask Wally or Cheryl before you head out.

post-151648-0-80053200-1377180340_thumb.jpg

Catfish has a launch on site. Parking for your trailer and vehicles too

Really no reason to leave once you are there

Boat safe

Sent from my XT881 using Lake Ontario United mobile app