Late report, but since I rely so much on this site myself,  I feel bad if I don't report.

6:30 til noon off Russell in 235-400. Best was in 275, down 90 on the rigger with King of Sting spoons from Bonb Fuller. Did 4 over 25 lbs, another 4 smaller kings and 4 nice sized steelies. Also lost a few. Did one fish on green nuclear paddle, but KOS was the spoon of the day for me. (Thanks Anthony and Chris- wouldn,t have had them if you hadn't been posting about them all summer).

Not sure what the new buoy is out there- but action was hot for me all around the west side of it.

Awesome report and once again it's great to see all the I-Bay/Braddocks/Genesee success this year.....my pleasure on the BF KOS recommendation. That spoon has replaced my previous favorite - the NK 42 second.

Be safe and may you have continued success,

- Chris

Rich,

Job well done on the fish!  I cannot take any credit because Chris was the one who got me that KIS made by Bob Fuller!

Did you actually land that king weighting 32# and change? I was looking to find your name on the LOC board.

We struggled yesterday despite fishing so close to Momay. We missed the pod by 50 to 100 FOW while fishing below 380 FOW.. One can imagine the intense burn I'm having right now for wanting to head out to the lake to redeem myself after hearing major catches all around me.

Tight lines!

Anthony, you are not going to believe this one, and I am embarassed to even type it. Not the usual "my friend didn't get a ticket" either.

Time has just flown by this summer and I didnt even know the derby had started until earlier this morning! I have religiously fished the derby every year and for a variety of reasons I just hadn't gotten around to thinking about it. With kids moving home, others heading out and moving my dad and step mom out of their house I had lost track of when it started. I was even confused by why the radio was so dead on Sunday and never put two and two together. Pretty stupid of me. Also, in retrospect, I usually just tell my friends about the derby and let them decide if they want to get in for their one day of fishing like this group was. I save the real derby fishing for with some other guys.

At least it would only be on the board...and not leading!

Not sure what the new buoy is out there- but action was hot for me all around the west side of it.

Funny thing about that "buoy"........... here today gone tomorrow. Fishing was great there on Sat. glad I dropped a bunch off waypoints. Sun. AM it was gone but the fish were still there.

Rich,

Didn't know you were out there on Sunday!  I spent most of the morning Slightly west of the Bay and just inside of the armada... 170-200 fow was hot for matures and skips until about 10am.  The screen was lit up constantly with fish in the 75 to 100 down and then they disappeared... I slid out to 250 to 275 and found them again along with some steelhead.  Screen was loaded with bait and fish in the same zone and down to 150.  There was a buoy in about 275fow out there as well...needless to say I steered clear when I saw it, but there were fish near it for sure!