Another slow day. Found some decent temp 100 down over 150 took a small king two browns and a 26lber in that water. Lost one also. Quit around 5:30 as my partner was tired. Best rod was a 300 dipsy one setting with the Monty doctor and a fly color that matched. Back at them in the am.

Spike

This morning we were snake bit again. One on the dipsy that came unbuttoned and one coho that was it. We came in at 11:30 to wait out the wind. Tough in the conditions today.

Other boats were getting them we just didn't have what they wanted I guess. Try it again this afternoon.

Spike

Sorry late report. Might have a picture of the ho but can't put it up till I get home. This fishing is consuming my time. We did well last night. To tell the truth I forgot what we finished with. We lost 3 fish then landed the rest. Dusk the lake was on fire. Funniest thing is I was pulling a rigger and at 20 down the release pops and the battle was on. Big king. Must have followed it up and slammed it lol. A first for us.
Today we got out later as last night was midnight by the time we ate and shopped.
This morning we dropped a fish and landed another ho. It was a while before the next bite but it was a good one. A 10lb steelhead. Followed by a 9lb bow. Then it was king time. We boxed out with a trip high 29lber and released a few more. As we entered wrights we had two salmon jump so they are in the river.
Back at it tomorrow. Adk I thought I saw you yesterday but thought you were only up for the weekend. If you see a black Lund sport angler say hi we are here till Friday leaving Saturday

Spike

Edited by CaptSpike

8/22 update. Dropped a fish on our first pass right at the back of the boat. Hook tangled in the net and he shook and straightened it out.  Next fish shook free 20' from the boat, it was either a big brown or ho tough to tell in the waves. We then got squeezed in too shallow so we picked up and moved outside. Heading back against the waves the dippy fires and we finally boat one. After landing that fish the boat next to us hooked up and while battling that fish we got pushed out with them and never got back into the "good" water. The we had to wait for tug and tow to enter the harbor before we could head back down wind. That troll produced nothing for us. Wind started to lighten up and we headed back west. Finally hook and landed another fish. Then another. Things were looking up until we saw the radar. Huge storm coming across the lake. We high tailed it out of there.

Overall pretty good trip. We have had better trips, but weather wise we got to fish everyday except today so that is a bonus.

Started the trip fishing 150' ended fishing as shallow as 90. Seems like a really early run. I do better when the fish are out deeper. When they hit the shallow water I seem to strugle to get them to go. Should I be dragging the mud or what? Oh well, not enough time to figure out all the nuances involved with the lake.

Keeps you on your toes.

Thanks for letting us enjoy your great fishery,

Spike

Edited by CaptSpike

Put the lures right in their face Spike!

This time of year...don't worry about temp....if they are hugging bottom....put it right in front of them!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Yeah, I wasn't quite on bottom but 10-15' up. Too much fear of hanging I guess. Had that happen a few yrs back and it was mayhem. I did get everything back (even though the rigger line came off the spool, hung with a dipsy so we saved it). Only two of us on the boat and the previous time if it was anyone but who I had on the boat then we never would have recovered. Thus I avoid it now. Guess next yr I may risk it again to just get more bites. Still a good trip.

Thanks for the advice too.

Spike