Movin over

gotaway

Hi, my name is Joe, I'm addicted to trolling..boat name is GOTAWAY, a '86 19' Starcraft Islander.. Up until this yaer I've trailered from Esperance (20 miles SW of Albany) fishing Fairhaven in the spring, Oswego summer/fall..If I can find dockage or dry storage in Fairhaven I plan on leaving the boat up there this year..My crew is mostly my son, son-in-law filled in with a few friends and my grandchildren..I've fished Ontario for about 10 yrs (7 trying to learn myself=NG..3 learning from this and the GLA site + Capt Ernie Langtiegn = being able to reliably put a few fish in the cooler)

I've slowly added gear , each year figuring I've got everything I need , only to find "one" more thing I gotta have..This is the year I'll learn to run copper....this seens like a friendly place to hang out, and it's nice that the info is pertinent to Lake "O", I've spent way to much time trying what is reported to work in the western lakes

Welcome to the site, Joe! Nice to see another Islander owner join here. I have a 221 Islander and launch out of Mexico Point. Have you ever launched at Mike's Marina or Mexico Point? I've seen a 19' Islander (blue/white with a blue top, cooler on the swim platform) at both locations a few times being launched/retrieved. Any chance it was yours?

Again, welcome to the site!

Welcome to the site Joe! Isn't it funny how we can always find something else fishing related to spend our money on even when we think we have everything? I have already spent my ENTIRE 2008 fishing budget in January! Looks like we are going to have to cut back on other budgets in order to free up some more "fish dollars". My apologies to the girl friend if she don't get some nice flowers and chocolates this year for Valentines Day - but Daddy needs a new pair of boat shoes ;)

hey joe do ya go after those striped bass on the hudson ,. if not why not ? if so and ya wanna hook up with 20 to 60 a day give me a pm ,,oh 22ft islander too... musky's boat is the one with the pretty curtians,sorta a cross between pink and purple if you know what i mean......

Misty- never launched at Mikes, but numerous times at the state launch..Mine is tan/brown with brown canvas

Blue Eye-My wife didn't understand that the dozen Savant spoons in "pretty" colors were intended to be romantic..

Musky- I usually launch and dock in Oswego about 15 or so times July-Sept

this year I'll probably stay out oif Fairhaven

Ray- I've tried Stripers a few times, usally anchored with bait, I've talked with a few guys who troll with J plugs and do well..If your ever looking for someone to fill an empty seat let me know for sure, If your hooking up 20-60 times a day I'm in ANYTIME.. I'm retired and have a flexable schedule

Great talking to you guys, hope to meet you in person..Is anyone planning on going to the LOTSA event Feb 24 in Lockport..I've got a real bad case of "cabin fever"..I plan on going, sounds like a great lineup of seminar speakers..

I'll keep my eyes open for both you guys this Spring, whenever it finally gets here. Mine doesn't have curtains YET, but I turned the job over to my sister cause my girlfriend didn't get to them this past Summer, Fall, or Winter. Sorry Ray, I know the *ahem* "Rainbow" colors :shock: you got are taken. You can take the flag down anytime. Everyone knows. :shock: :lol::lol::lol:

I don't think I can make it out there. But why not get some simple name tag's on your coat or shirt with LOU and your user name on them so some of you that have never met in person can figure out who's who. Maybe just Lake Ontario United or LOU on them. Just a suggestion. Don't shoot the messenger.