Lowrance Elite 5

Rambo93

I have one does not seem to work good with water over 80 feet when trolling picks up bottom fine but not fish/bait first year we fished with my friends boat this year mine... So wasn't the unit works great on lake Erie hoping to get a hds for next year

Sent from my SGH-I547C using Lake Ontario United mobile app

definitely run the 83 or 50 mhz instead of the 200 for deep water trolling. i can actually pickup my down rigger balls down to about 120 with my elite 7hdi. Ive only had my unit a month or so, but i have the general use, fastest ping speed, bumped up the scroll speed, and run the noise reduction and surface clarity off.  There is a trade off between picking up details and drowning out the noise, you'll have to keep playing with the different settings to try and find the sweet spot for your boat. For instance where your transducer is mounted in relation to your trolling/main motor will effect your settings .  u'll have to mess with the surface clarity noise reduction to drown out the motor noise if its too close

To pick up the rigger balls is not just your settings. At the speeds we troll at you will also need to pitch your transducer more back so that teh balls are in the cone while trolling.

Good luck.