What are these?

These almost 3 in slug things were dead in our pool today. They weren't there yesterday, chlorine must have killed them. Any ideas on what the heck they are or where they come from? I am pretty knowledgeable with the outdoors but this has me stumped!

post-142224-0-30121900-1377035526_thumb.jpg

We used to put a little bit of beer in a small container and put it in our garden and attract them to keep them off the plants.  It was amazing how many would be dead in the little tray. 

Giant leopard slugs. We had one on the driveway last night in fact. Saw them for the first time about two years ago and almost soiled my drawers. It was stretched out about 5 inches and the tentacle things on its head were sticking out.

I never remember seeing these as kids only over the past few years...............

Lol cut bait. Needless to say my four year old wants nothing to do with the pool now! I showed her a lamprey before and she thought they were eels. I have just never seen them before and they creeped me out. thanks for the responses!

Slugs. Direct couisins of snails. Except they don't have shells. Also related to clams, mussels, oysters, scallops, squids, octopus......mollusks. Have seen them forever around here. You'll see big ones (5-6 in.+) sliming along on sidewalks and lawns and anywhere. They usually leave a sticky slime trail behind them as they "slide" along. They are mostly water and the slime they secrete keeps them moist on the otherwise dry land. Many similar species and many live in fairly dry climates. I've seen brightly colored 6 inchers in downtown East Rochester.....No joke at all, thanx..... :P