I pity any poor client that loses a fish or tackle on that "captain's" boat cuz here's what he'll probably get from Mr. "congeniality":

"You fN moron, can't ya learn to fish?  All you had to do was fN reel that fN pig in?  I fN hooked him for ya!   You stupid  jac*$$, I aught'ta throw yoa dumb fN a$$ overboard and ya can swim after that fN hog.  Gad, Good thing that weren't no fN money fish!  Ki$$ my fN butt!  You're gon'na have to pay for that fN 2000 dollar lure & fN setup. Gad! what a fN idiot you are."

Yep - I'm sure he's loving the attention just as his clients enjoy his company.

Tom B.

(LongLine)

You got pics! :yes: Also, incredibly neither one of them knew we had a fish on with your "smoothness" of the net.....

I considered including the pictures with my post but maybe some shame blackmail will help them be nicer.  Your boat may attract the googans but I'll fish with you anytime you want the company.

Now I've got to go shoot my bow.

post-146980-0-97551600-1378394980_thumb.jpg

Guys, please let it go!

It doesn't matter how big you are, a physical altercation will cost you somewhere between $5K and $10K in legal fees, fines and potentially jail time.

Life is too short to be muddled with these petty issues. We must keep our heads high and keep cool.

Lets go fishing and have fun!

over 5700 views on this thread...hmmm...one of them probably owns a dive suit, a hand auger and hole saw bit...likes diving at night....or 5700 cases of ..I aint fishin with this goof!

:yes:  :yes:  :yes:  :yes:  :yes:  The only way a bully will learn.

I don't care how big you are, how tough you are, how mean you are.  Don't mess with crazy.

another one of my favorites...  No sense being in the right if it gets you dead.

Pick your battles.  You don't have to win them all to win the war.

I been following this post.  Interesting comments.  Just report the guy.  I would start with Cuomo's task force on creating a safer NY.  That should keep the guy too busy to get out on the water.

Here is a video to lighten the mood.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r7wHMg5Yjg

Joe

PS mean people suck.  I don't like them either.

hey guys what ever happend to sportsmanship ... personally this is y i refuse to take a charter .. guys like most of u ruin it for everyone ... my budys and i catch more fish hooked in the mouth in a stream when most people say they dont feed then most guys catch from there boats... have a good season bc i will

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I have had one charter captain at sodus nearly cut our gear off 3 times. All 3 times it was the same guy. Clearly he knew we were there just didn't care because we aren't "professionals"

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Sounds like you had a run in with the Killer Whale :)

A little late to this party, but Wayne you took the words right out of my mouth!  I've got video of him nearly running over my otter boat a couple of weeks ago when trying to cut behind me.  Luckily the copper running off the board was what we caught the fish off of!

hey guys what ever happend to sportsmanship ... personally this is y i refuse to take a charter .. guys like most of u ruin it for everyone ... my budys and i catch more fish hooked in the mouth in a stream when most people say they dont feed then most guys catch from there boats... have a good season bc i will

There are a lot of charter operations out there that lack class, common sense, and fishing ability. However, don't hate on the whole fleet. 

There are a lot of charter operations out there that lack class, common sense, and fishing ability. However, don't hate on the whole fleet.

Rick, if every charter has your kind of class, talent and decency, none of us would even own our own boats!..no worries mate..er..I meant Captain! You give the title it's due credit and it shows everyday, here and on the water! It's no different than me with a professional driving license, there are bad apples in the bunch, and they are ones who don't last, because they don't understand the reason for being in business in the first place. There are a lot of good business people out there in chartering or even trucking and the professionalism shows in their caring attitude to everyones life and pursuit of happiness....

Unfortunately, for a few, happiness outruns their brains..

Mark

Sent from my PC36100 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Unfortunately a couple bad apples ruin it for the guys that work their bits off. Those that lack the key attributes of a good captain should not last long. Clients are spending good $ and will figure it out.

They are a lot easier to catch in the river. I have become pretty good at flossing them in the river too :) Last year when I was fishing the staircase I could see 50-100 fish sitting in the river right in front of me. With the proper setup and drift, I was able to floss at least one every 10 or 15 minutes :)

For the lake guys that don't know what "flossing them" is....it is basically sliding your leader line through their mouth and having the hook snag on the inside of the mouth as it is passing through. They will bite in the river but way more are flossed than actually bite. That is why guys with good technique catch way more fish than guys that don't have good technique.

Rick, if every charter has your kind of class, talent and decency, none of us would even own our own boats!..no worries mate..er..I meant Captain! 

One of the reasons that Rick is a good Charter Captain is because he actually enjoys fishing AND it is not his primary source of income. You will catch Rick fishing on his boat, in the river, and on the ice. It is much harder to enjoy it when you are depending on the income to feed your family. Many full time guys do it and do it well while enjoying it. Others are just burned out and it is a job to them.

ur wrong man i understand what ur saying however any fisherman with the skill can tell an actual hit vs a floss .. when a floss happends ur float just stops and acts like a rock ... when a hit happends ur float takes off like a raped ape ... so thanks for that insite lol

Edited by trophyhunter12901

Unfortunately a couple bad apples ruin it for the guys that work their bits off. Those that lack the key attributes of a good captain should not last long. Clients are spending good $ and will figure it out.

Not sure Brian, I know of a couple that have a full calendar every year and I just shake my head in disbelief.

Sent from my XT907 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

we always rented a cabin from clarks...just before the lighthouse. saw this Dumb Ass in action on a regular bases. mainly just tried to avoid him becuse it was the easiest thing to do. had words with him @ the dock and trust me when I say this...HE DOES OWN THE LAKE...just ask him!! A guy I had with me asked him to get off his boat so he could give him a proper captains burial @ sea and he wasnt so tuff @ that moment & would not step out of his boat. I am a charter captain myself and like most other captains on this site I cant believe he is still in business.

You know, I think this charter service should be identified. There are many people that are looking for charters that access this site for information. Just my 2cents

You know, I think this charter service should be identified. There are many people that are looking for charters that access this site for information. Just my 2cents

I agree...part of being a professional is accountability.  Bullies are like cockroaches, they scurry when the light hits them.

It starts with - Sudden I'm sure you can figure out the rest. I did some digging on boats that have the name mentioned earlier in the post, and my sources. Again, the original poster, along with any one else this guy has threatened, or disrespected to report him to the police or better yet to the Coast Guard. A threat to sink some ones boat is way out of line. Does he belong to a Charter Boat Association for that end of the lake? Charter Captains, your input? Respectfully, Steve.............

I wanted to add one thing, here. I would implore anyone that feels the need to physically go after this guy or his equip. would just sink you to his level. You would not be considered a "wuss" for walking away and seeking the proper authorities to handle the situation the right way. Maybe a suspension of his license? or a fine? What ever. This comes on the heels of last years incident when a poor fisherman was beaten severely. Those thugs were Guides! Safe fishing to all, and fish in 2 or 3s and take those cameras along! Lock up all gear, check vehicles regularly. Peace! Steve...........

Just because your "a Guide" doesn't mean you own the water as said. See it numerous times in my neck of the woods Niagara county were everyone is "a guide" They think a public launch is there own slip and use it as one even though its a non mooring area since they are "a guide" I have called into one such particular guide myself. I has burned me 2x and next time the slander will come out on this website or his own.  I had a guy do the same thing to me last weekend he had boards way out and decided to go north south when the pack was going east west. However its my fault as he turns in front of me. I was hoping for his 600 /800 copper no doubt to start screaming on my rigger line. Of course he yelled at me when he turned right in front of me. I yelled you can't run boards in pack of 50 boats he must of thought we would yield to him for his special technique. Thats why I give up come Sept 1 to many ying yangs come out of wood work. Good Luck to all you combat fisherman- until next year.