Sodus 8-20 afternoon

Also posted in general forum. Oops. Also supposed to be 8/21. I'm on a roll!

Went 2/3 this afternoon. Didn't get setup until 3pm but found a honey hole on accident. Funny story. We were following a course I had set and some garbage appears in the water. Turns out to be a rusty full can of Budweiser. Had to be old. Distracted by the shiny thing, my wife veers off course and I'm not paying attention. About 5 min later the port wire dipsey starts hammerin'. We were in 190' out 360 on a 2.5 setting with FF combo. Hypnotist I believe with glow frog. My wife gets her in...21lb female king. Her first, and biggest in my boat yet!! We circle the spot and an hr later I lose another in the EXACT spot after 30 min fight. Glow pro troll with hammer fly, again wire dipsey out 360. After a few tries (current was playing with us) we went thru the spot again and I hook up. 45 min later 23lb male on the pro troll setup. What a fighter!!! Almost spooled me, then had 3 runs to 400 and 2 to 200 before I tired his ass out. post-150963-13771419662897_thumb.jpg

post-150963-13771419887418_thumb.jpg

Hopefully the pics turn out.

The odyssey began when I tried to find a place go clean the fish at 9pm!! But all is well and back at it in the am.

Edited by Mosh

The odyssey began when I tried to find a place go clean the fish at 9pm!! But all is well and back at it in the am.

Mosh, if you need a place to clean fish, we have a nice cleaning station at Arney's Marina that myself and the other fishermen at Arney's bought.  Only rules are that it needs to be cleaned throroughly after you're done and no dumping of the guts in the water by the marina and definitely not in the dumpster at the marina.  (We put the guts in the buckets and take them far out in the bay or out to the lake to dump them).

Nick