Hello all,

My buddy has a 32 lb salmon he would like to mount, we have all the measurements and good pics. We are from the Watertown area, just wondering if anyone has suggestions for best place to go and approximate cost a person should expect for a fish this size. I have only had deer mounted, will be first fish and looking for some direction. Willing to drive if there's a better option farther downstate.

There are many reputable taxidermists to choose from. Best advice is to do your homework which you've started to do by asking for "opinions" and experiences from members of this site. Don't stop there though because "one man's junk is another man's treasure". Talk with a few taxidermists and check out their work first hand. Paul Czarnecki is a member of this site who does phenomenal work as can be seen in the Fish Pictures section. He is not cheap, but when you are spending anywhere from $500 - $1000+ on a fish mount, you should want it to look like the day you caught it and for the mount to last a lifetime (not just yours). JMO. Good luck in your search and congrats on the fish.

Shawn

Hello all,

My buddy has a 32 lb salmon he would like to mount, we have all the measurements and good pics. We are from the Watertown area, just wondering if anyone has suggestions for best place to go and approximate cost a person should expect for a fish this size. I have only had deer mounted, will be first fish and looking for some direction. Willing to drive if there's a better option farther downstate.

. Charlie Rawson fish taxi taxidermy only does fish and is excellent! Dexter ny

Here are two pics of the steelhead mount from my 20lb steelhead that fishwish mounted.  I left a CD of pictures and several printouts along with the fish.  She shipped the mount to me and to my horror it was painted in full fall colors, red stripe and all.  I ended up driving it the 5+hrs back to her as I was afraid to ship it again (a fin broke the first time) and then drove back up once it was redone.  I still haven't placed the mount on the wall as to me it's a $350 black eye.  I keep saying I'm going to find someone to at least repaint it, but I just never seem to get around to it.

horiz.jpg

post-139811-0-71148800-1377200598_thumb.jpg

post-139811-0-97577000-1377200622_thumb.jpg

Bobs boy, that fish deserves a lot better mount. So sorry to see that but happy you shared. I am going to use Paul Czarnecki for a king I caught on the 4th of july. He is pricey but an artist, quality will not be a concern.

Sent from my VS910 4G using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I think Dave fish out of painted post new York does excellent work. If u r looking for examples go to little John's tackle shop in Mexico. Dave's prices r fair and turn around time is agri at about a year. I just picked up my brown trout from 2012 and an very happy.

Sent from my HTC One X using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I think Dave fish out of painted post new York does excellent work. If u r looking for examples go to little John's tackle shop in Mexico. Dave's prices r fair and turn around time is agri at about a year. I just picked up my brown trout from 2012 and an very happy.

Sent from my HTC One X using Lake Ontario United mobile app

i second dave he does all my work and is a good  friend  :yes:  :yes:  :yes:  very fair on price  as well

• 2 weeks later...