3 days into the trip so far Tuesday we did 3 for 3 with a 33.5lb king, wish we were in the derby. Wednesday we did 5 for 11 with a 32.7lb king, wish we were in the derby again, Thursday afternoon now, this morning we went 3 for 7, biggest was around 24lbs might go back out this afternoon if the lake looks ok. We have been fishing from 100-130 fow 90-110 down, and 270-330 on the dipsys, 7 fish on dipsys and 4 on riggers so far. 2.0-2.2 down speed.

well we are back home now, Thursday night we went back out and went 0 for 3, Friday we were 5 for 8, and Saturday morning we were 4 for 5 so not a bad trip overall, 20 for 35.  all spin doctors and flies, best spin doctors were white with green dots, nuclear pickle, hammertime and carmel dolphin.  best flies blue hammer fly, green hammer fly, green crinckle and white.  all week we fished in 100-160 feet of water, the beginning of the week we fished out in front of the salmon river to the north dunes, and the last couple of days we found the best fishing out in front of nine mile towards Oswego.  never fished the loc.  after I cought that 33.5 on the first day I was going to buy a ticket the next morning, and then I found out you can't enter a fish the day you buy the ticket so the second day was out also, which we cought the 32.7.  had I known the rules and how inexpensive it was to enter I would have went down the night before our week trip and bought the tickets.  as far as I know both fish would have been in the top 20 and most likely fish of the day too.  kinda sucks but we had a great trip either way.

Sat. was great day on the lake. 4 for 5. 1 on rigger hammer/hammer 90 fow 75 down. 1 on copper SD Mt.dew/white 95 fow. 2 on dipsey 2.5 200 and 225 90 fow SD white w/green dots/yellow. speed, 1.9 - 2.4. We run out to 140 fow, marked a few but stayed in 85-105 where we marked the most fish. Marked lots of bait as well. Stacking up for sure, next few weeks should be even better. :yes:  :rofl:    

Started in 100fow and went 6 for 7 only one came on rigger the rest was dipsey madness 250 back was the ticket look foward to next weekend.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

post-152568-1377478779137_thumb.jpg

post-152568-1377478792756_thumb.jpg

Edited by TRACKERHUNTER

Gentlemen...New to NY and Salmon fishing. I'm more of a hunter and enjoy tactical shooting...thus my handle. I recently purchased a Sea Hunt BX 22PRO sporting two down riggers. Basically I have the boat but have no idea what I'm doing. I've trolled the Trench near Henderson but zero Salmon or lakers to show for it. Can someone give me the Salmon fishing for dummies scoop for fishing near Henderson, Oswego, etc....

Shouldn't be hard to get someone with some knowledge from this site to hop aboard and give you some tips. Best advice is higher a good guide for a day and ask many questions and take notes as you can learn more in a day than in years of experimenting on your own. Also local tackle stores are always good for information. Buy what they suggest and ask how to run it. That said, if you simply duplicate what is being posted as successful and set flashers and flies at proper depth and speed on the riggers you should be able to hit some staging salmon.

We fished between 90 and 100, Found temp 51 deg more toward the plant, We went out thru the pack to 150 and no fish so we turned around and headed back south 92ft 51 deg. Bang goes the dipsy, We stayed there and hammered at them, I ended up with a 35 lb 2 oz female. Speed was 2.3 on the x4. White green dot spinny and a A-tomic green crinkle fly.

nice. A few weekends ago our action came off of anything green and white and we threw everything at them. the 24lb king I got was on a froggy SD and blue crush action fly on wire dipsey out 250

Ty for the reply.. Sun was my first time ever trolling.. we got skunked. Had a few pops off the riggers but nothing was home.. marked bait in 300fow but got nothing.. slipped into 70 to 90 ft on way in marked tons of fish on bottom had one o n dipsy 104out but shook off as I jumped 4ft outta water looked very silver.. so Im gonna head back out sat to mon and c if I can break my boats cherry :o lots of great info on here I think I just have to fine tune thing's just a bit and I shud here sum rods screaming FISH ON'. Thanks for all the info guys good luck everyone

Sent from my Torque using Lake Ontario United mobile app