RUFF RIDER Sodus Live Report Aug 23 - Sep 2

Ahhhh the sweet sound of the word vacation!  We are headed up to Sodus for over a week of fishing to attempt to land the LOC winner!  We have a coworker/friend of ours coming out this weekend, so hopefully the fish cooperate! The weather looks like it might not cooperate tomorrow morning, but we'll give it a go if we can.  Otherwise, it might be a good day for breakfast and then afternoon fishing.  Everything I've heard, the fish are still out deep with a few stagers in that <100ft range.

The lake looks beautiful right now, let's hope it looks like that for most of the week!

SDSPN_l.jpg?rnd=15-082220131600

Here's part two of my two coworkers fishing with us last weekend.  Couldn't ask for nicer weather or better fishing!

Good luck to everyone out there this weekend, let's see that 40lber on the LOC board!

Nick

Kings were active in 120 or less today.80 ft. down 55 degrees.yesterday they hit everything ,today echips with a glow fly worked great. They realy turned on just before the front came through.Three kings,along with a few browns and lakers.Fished solo and didnt lose any kings today.There was a forty pound + king lost yesterday in the same area I fished today.

Edited by john1947

supose to lay down later today some .tomorrow looks good.pultneyville yacht club has a excellent weather link that I have found to be very accurate overall. the wind should not mess up the fishing

Nick,

We did good last night around 250 FOW. Only out about 75-90 minutes but went 2 for 2 on Showtime Blue/Hammer Fly out 300 on Mag diver #2 setting.

Probably see you tonight but if not, see you tomorrow.

Our new fly type to try this weekend... we called it a "dog's eye fly" or "ruffed up fly", RUFY for short. It's a small LED with a fly skirt over it. Anyone who fished the Salmon Slam this year got one. I'm hoping it will help turn those fish on that come off the bottom right at dark!

post-139811-13772690469202_thumb.jpg

post-139811-13772690574331_thumb.jpg

Yeah cause you really need it to be like glass so you dont get bounced around too much in that boat..

Even 1 footers can cause my beer to spill :)

Water is very warm, 65 deg down 100 over 350fow. Stopped in 100fow for a while, didnt mark a thing. Trolled from 250fow-350fow, couple of marks around 90.

Wow, Last night it was 50 degrees down about 85 out in 250 FOW. 

Is that a true 100 down or your downrigger 100 down? Which is actually about 80 down :)