RUFF RIDER Sodus Live Report Aug 23 - Sep 2

What's the reason for treble hooks?.

A hooked fish get more leverage with trebles hooks which will either pull out or break off.

Salt water fisherman will use single hooks for that reason. I will personally change to singles when I get spoons that had trebles .

A hooked fish get more leverage with trebles hooks which will either pull out or break off.

Salt water fisherman will use single hooks for that reason. I will personally change to singles when I get spoons that had trebles .

I tried singles a few years ago and had an aweful time getting hookups. A lot of rip and gone or riggers popping straight up.

With all due respect I don't buy this argument. How could a fish get more leverage from a treble vs. single hook? It's impossible if the treble hook point is only hooked in one spot and you are using a swivel.

Saltwater guys/gals often use single hooks b/c of deeper tissue penetration. I think you will have more knock offs with singles.

Just my two cents,

Chris

Yeah....its official, I quit!  Tuesday i was at work....FISHING = GREAT.  Wednesday played hooky and fished 10.5 hrs = 1 lousy Brown.  Thursday back at work.... FISHING = GREAT

stick a fork in me....im done!!!!!!!  :)

Great fish guys....sorry about the one that got away....but did i mention.... ONE LOUSY BROWN YESTERDAY!

Keep it coming, hope the weekend fishing is good!

Jason

It sounds to me that mrs ruff rider maybe looking for something else to do rather than being stuck out on the boat around a bunch of smelly fish?? haha

It sounds to me that mrs ruff rider maybe looking for something else to do rather than being stuck out on the boat around a bunch of smelly fish?? haha

Nope she's the one keeping us out here looking for a derby fish! She's super pissed about the one she lost this morning!