RUFF RIDER Sodus Live Report Aug 23 - Sep 2

Probably a lot of them have started shutting down about now in terms of the feeding response and you're looking at what you can do to provoke them aggressively. I'd try running at higher than normal speeds and using the brightest stuff you have right in their face and closer to the ball.

I tried calling them names, that seemed to work well.

going out soon before the front ,should be good.I have had good luck with a small glow flasher and silver horde set up to get the late kings to hit.the trick is speed control.i.5 to just under 2.when over the fish. Does work very wellHope you got the bug spray.

What did u have at the Sherwood?

I had the chicken and andoiulle sausage pasta. Theresa had a pizza. It was ok, but a bit pricey. I think one side was fancy and the other more tavern style... We chose the wrong side :) The calamari was good as an app!

post-139811-13778951066429_thumb.jpg

Going to let Theresa sleep in this morning and possibly do an evening trip.  That south wind all night should have moved the fish up a bit in the water column, good luck to everyone that goes out this morning!

Nice video! Hey Nick a couple things it is sometimes easier/safer slitting and bleeding them out in the net (placed sideways on the gunwales inside of the rods etc.).....and is it possible to keep the net handier in a holder (sturdy one?) on the top where it is easier to access it? or is it too high up? These videos sure make me think about potential changes in my own setup too. Your approaches and videos have added a lot of new excitement to the sport...

Edited by Sk8man

Nice video! Hey Nick a couple things it is sometimes easier/safer slitting and bleeding them out in the net (placed sideways on the gunwales inside of the rods etc.).....and is it possible to keep the net handier in a holder (sturdy one?) on the top where it is easier to access it? or is it too high up? These videos sure make me think about potential changes in my own setup too. Your approaches and videos have added a lot of new excitement to the sport...

Sk8, I can picture myself cutting through the net trying to gill them still in it lol. The nice thing about using the fish hook is that we can hang the fish over the water/cooler and cut, so the blood doesn't go all over the carpet.

Agree completely on the net holder. The new Frabill net has a thicker handle that doesn't fit in our net holder very well and doesn't fit in any of the rod holders... one very large flaw in its design.

Went to almost every store in Sodus and Sodus Point today looking for a new fly swatter, finally found some fancy girly ones in the Dollar General. Also found these new garlic and sea salt lays, which are amazing!

post-139811-13779713708017_thumb.jpg

Good answers Nick :)   I meant slit it BEFORE placing in the net and just use the net to hold the fish while bleeding out so no blood mess in boat or cooler :lol:  Yeah that would be me too cutting a hole in my net (then it becomes my " auto catch and release" net). I hear you on the net handle issue....I had to make "adjustments" in my net handle too.

I was afraid of that. Even with the Sodus lighthouse cam ya think to yourself "its not that bad" lol. I'm hoping it calms down during the night. Thanks for the info Nick.

Me too! A nice flat lake tomorrow would be just fine with me!