Favorite line ?

I did a search on this, and while there was some side comments about favorite line, and a lot on wire and copper, I did not find an actual thread about it??

I’m about to thread two of my reel’s on my trolling rods with fresh line. My intent is to run these off my down riggers for Kings, using either spoons and / or flasher - fly combo’s. So what is your favorite brand, type, and strength line you use?? Does the time of year change this?? Anything I should stay away from (and why?) What should I avoid?? Thanks …

Mark

It does depend on the time of the year. Once the fleas are out I use nothing but 30lb. test but earlier in the year I will go as light as 15 lb. for spoons . I use Trilene Big Game and have been very happy with it. For flasher/flies you could use the 30 lb. test all year long. Hope this helps.

Burt

25lb McCoy Mean Green! Hands Down! I have used them all and this stuff is by far the strongest most abrasion resistant mono on the market. Not to mention it wont collect fleas. I use this for my downrigger rods for kings. For brown trout rods i run the same stuff just a smaller diameter like 8lb test.

Havn't any of you guys noticed fleas the last 2 years on your 30# line? The last 2 years I had to use 40# and it worked. 30# was loaded w/ fleas. Apparently their is a new strain of flea out there that is bigger.

I'm going to have 5 rods w/ 20# fleaflicker and 5 rods w/ my 14# big game. No more screwing around w/ fishing line when july hits. :D

My suggestion is to put 20# fleaflicker w/ 15# floro leader on your two rods until the end of june then run straight fleaflicker from july till the end of the season.

30# Big Game for us too, and no I haven't noticed more fleas on it than in years past. We also run 15# Big Game in the spring.

I have a spool of 15# McCoy that I'm going to give a try this spring...never tried it but YT has me considering it at least.

I took Yankee Troller's advise last year and ran the McCoy 25lb test and loved it! I had zero break-offs and fleas were not an issue.

Brian(Goin Deep)

THAT A BOY! 25lb test is super strong and wont collect hardly any fleas. I got JAX hooked on it too. Last year the re-did thier website so you can order straight from it. If you like braided lines for anything they have an amazing braid that we have been flippin with for LM.