Canandaigua Canandaigua 8/21

Was out in the afternoon.   Nothing down the west side to Tichnor Point.  Cross over to east side.  Pick up three nice lakers 3-5#s up around the Dragon wall.

I was using a silver copper backed Sutton 44 with a green tape on the silver.  Running in 85-77ft of water rigger at 80ft. Doing 2.8 to 3.0mph.  Marked a few bait pods around some smelt and some sawbellies.  Fish were sitting on the bottom.  Took them right home and had them curling on the grill in an hour.  Yumm.

Interesting how the trolling speed has to be kicked up even for the lakers to hit....I found the same thing last time out...I think that the bait you marked was probably some thing other than smelt though because from everything I've seen and heard they are pretty much gone around here. I think I know what you mean though about the bottom orientation of the bait...I haven't seen a smelt in the stomach contents of any of the fish I've caught  (and kept) around here for a longtime.....it's a shame too. Hopefully in a few weeks the recreational boaters will be done screwing around out there and we can fish in peace after 10 AM....although I did see a couple of them at 6AM one day as I was leaving the channel....I just scratched my head in disbelief and kept going :)

Edited by Sk8man