HB 997C SI Software Update?

Lew

My HB 997C SI has never had a software update, still the original software. I did searches on the updates and find that guys have issues after updating them with the latest software. Has anyone done the updates without any issues on the 997c si?  I picked up a SD card, downloaded the latest software and was ready to do it, now I have cold feet. I know you need to save the way points and reset it before installing the new software.

Sometimes software updates will allow an option to "save current settings" prior to an update so that if it fails you can revert back to the previous state. I'm not famiiar with that HB but you might ant to check .

Lew, Personally, I wouldn't do an update unless  I was having a problem. If you have the unit registered with H/B, you can see what updates are available and what improvements or corrections they make.  I've got a  998 and the latest updates have caused problems with screen shot pictures, so I haven't done them. Like the old saying, "  If it ain't broke, don't fix it"!

'If it ain't broke, don't fix it"

Shellback

That's was in the back of my mind when I said I have cold feet.  Think I will just leave it as is, it works just fine with the ole software.