Hi all, 

Thanks in advance for any help!! I'll be at the oak next weekend mostly for the kings but my wife is driving me crazy about catching a nice brown. This will be my 3rd trip to lake O ever, we have had some success the last 2 years with the kings and steelhead, and 1 brown that I got last year some how. This site has been unbelievably helpful and I can't wait to put to use all I've learned. With that said I haven't been able to find any late season brown trout help on here? Temps? Scaled down baits? Please help me shorten this learning curve.

Thanks, Mike

(Why can't eye)

Find the warmer water.  When we decided to pack it in the other day we trolled in for the heck of it. Picked up a 13.5# brown in about 90 fow on a ssw mag right on bottom.  All morning the temp had been around 70 deg to about 85 feet down then started dropping. So my guess was that he was hanging where the first big temp break intersected with the bottom.  Just a thought, hope it helps :beer:  :beer:

That's it exactly.  Find where the thermocline intersects the bottom and troll for browns inside of that.  If you're specifically targeting browns, throw lighter (8 - 12) fluoro leaders on your rigger poles.  Run spoons at staggered depths with sliding or fixed cheaters to cover more of the water column.